Converting from a palm device and just wondering if I should upgrade to the newest os or use the phone for awhile to verify it works? (Phone is slightly used)

OH! and what is the procedure to clear the info on the phone when I get it?
    04-21-09 08:34 PM
    You need to play around and get comfortable with the device before you start upgrading OS. It's not difficult to do but you can brick the device if your not careful with upgrading OS.
    04-21-09 08:38 PM
    Converting from a palm device and just wondering if I should upgrade to the newest os or use the phone for awhile to verify it works? (Phone is slightly used)

OH! and what is the procedure to clear the info on the phone when I get it?
    If by clear the info on the phone you mean reset to factory settings- go to options than security options than general settings than press the blackberry/menu key and go to wipe handheld. That resets the phone to factory specs, deletes all contacts, email addresses, data, as well as any applications that were downloaded into the phone. Hope thats what you were looking for. If not than i just rambled for no reason lol! Good luck
    04-21-09 08:48 PM
    It definitely simplifies the process to wipe it, especially if you want to set it up your way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 08:53 PM
    Great guys thanks...I know that with palm I would recommend a trial period then an update once the phone was tested but not sure if the bb needed it.

Should I not sync (palm term??) until I upgrade? I know to wait on the third party apps...also I am one of those damn Mac users....anything special like standing on my head..
    04-21-09 08:57 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry, and the wonderful world of BB...
    04-21-09 09:27 PM
    Great guys thanks...I know that with palm I would recommend a trial period then an update once the phone was tested but not sure if the bb needed it.

Should I not sync (palm term??) until I upgrade? I know to wait on the third party apps...also I am one of those damn Mac users....anything special like standing on my head..
    It might still need an upgrade. What OS is on it now?
    04-21-09 09:33 PM
    AAAAAGH I am a little premature the phone should be here is a couple of days. The guy I bought it from did not even know if it has a memory card or not...I will post version and update you guys with my plans.
    04-21-09 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD