Goosfraba I wasn't making any accusations, I know she asked, I just think she sounds kinda lost in the beautiful wealth of info that's available here.
    I think that you do a wonderful job of helping people out here without telling them to "use the search bar" or "somebody already asked that" or any number of rude unhelpful things I've seen on here lately.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lol. i knew what you meant. i hope she wasn't frightened away! ha

yeah, i try not to be rude. when i first joined my first 5 threads were repeated questions and no one was rude to me at all. so...that's how i roll.
    01-24-09 02:46 PM
    1. i am a guy

2. i am dloading the DM right now because i cant find out how to dload themes using my BB. I'm going to try it that way.

3. thank for all the advice, and if you have anymore, please let me know!
    01-24-09 02:50 PM
    great site..

Cool BlackBerry Themes
    Last edited by importgirl82; 01-24-09 at 02:52 PM. Reason: link didnt show up
    01-24-09 02:51 PM
    1. i am a guy

2. i am dloading the DM right now because i cant find out how to dload themes using my BB. I'm going to try it that way.

3. thank for all the advice, and if you have anymore, please let me know!
    1. sorry about that!

2. DM is a great tool as well.

3. keep reading crackberry.com and messing with your phone!
    01-24-09 02:52 PM
    I was a BB user for about 2 days when I updated from 4.2 to 4.5...assuming you are at least moderately computer savvy...it's not that dang hard. Once you download DM (desktop manager)4.7 to your PC it will practically do the whole process for you. It is completely painless. Just be patient.

I seriously doubt that experienced BB users brick their phone doing simple OS upgrades. Assuming of course that they are using proven OS's and not Beta versions...Then again...what do I know? I'm a newbie!!

Just a note to my fellow "Newbs"...The learning curve is not really that steep. Just learn a few key terms (such as OTA = over the air) through the FAQ, ask plenty of questions in the forums, use the search feature, and you will be downloading apps and themes and wallpapers in no time. Just ignore the jerks who scoff at your questions and tell you to use the search without answering your question. Their are plenty of good, patient folks here who will help you out.

One tip on OTA if your not used to surfing sites with your BB...Right click the OTA link and select copy link location (thats Firefox, use the windows or Mac equivalent if necessary) and email it to your BB. Then just open the email and click the link. Your BB will automatically ask if you want to download. Once the theme is downloaded go to options>theme the current theme on your BB should show as well as a list of themes on your device. Select the one you want...then wait. The screen will revert back to the options list. You may get an "Im thinking" symbol for a few seconds then just close that screen and your new theme should be in place.

Good luck and great surfing!
    Last edited by borockster; 01-24-09 at 03:53 PM.
    01-24-09 03:37 PM
    Some aren't so comfortable, and sometimes things happen. As one who has helped many recover from mistakes, I know this to be true. The key however is the "helped recover" part. Most everything done can be undone. Recriminations and name calling have no place at crackberry.

For the OP, most themes are OTA, when you click on their links, the theme will install on your berry. If you need a hand upgrading your OS, send me a PM and I'll give you some advice.

I put a link below to the wallpaper thread. Look through it and grab any that you like and save it to your media card - highlight it, press your menu key and select save image. You will get a screen you can use to navagate to where you want to save it.

Later, when you want to use it, open your media folder, press the menu key select explore and navagate to pictures or where ever you chose to save it. Highlight the picture, press the menu key and select set as homescreen image.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f123/sh...lpapers-32609/

Last edited by exelant; 01-24-09 at 04:47 PM.
    01-24-09 04:29 PM
    Here is the CB desktop launcher, if you prefer to do it that way:

http://crackberry.com/files/launcher...y_launcher.jad

01-24-09 04:35 PM
    Some aren't so comfortable, and sometimes things happen. Recriminations and name calling have no place at crackberry.
    Obviously anyone can make a mistake...or have an accident...or drop their phone in a glass of milk...been there, done that.

Again...obviously...accidents happen. My point was...upgrading the OS is not that hard and should not (IMO) be presented as "climbing Mt Everest" difficult. I would hate to see a Curve owner deprived of the features available in 4.5 because they were too intimidated to attempt the upgrade. The post I responded to specifically mentioned "experienced users". Irregardless...no foul was intended toward anyone who has had trouble with their phone...experienced or otherwise.

As for my use of the term "jerks"....I meant what I wrote. If someone can take the time to post "Use the search feature" or some other rude comment they can take the time to answer the question and then point the new person to the search button. Or better yet....they could pass by without posting. No offense to you Sir....I just wanted that to be clear. This is an excellent forum for the most part and it is a resource I cherish. Have a great afternoon.

Bo
    01-24-09 04:55 PM
    I know what you meant Bo. I agree that some experienced users are rough on new people and should, like I, simply answer a question instead of saying use the search. I also see new people so overly sensitive to comments that they "drop the gloves" ready to write a hundred word response to every perceived slight. I am merely trying to move the tone from us/them to us because CrackBerry is a community of people with something in common.

Here's a helpful post from the founder for all of us to ponder. And likewise, have a great weekend!

Mike
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...lution-118095/

01-24-09 07:02 PM
    I know what you meant Bo. I agree that some experienced users are rough on new people and should, like I, simply answer a question instead of saying use the search. I also see new people so overly sensitive to comments that they "drop the gloves" ready to write a hundred word response to every perceived slight. I am merely trying to move the tone from us/them to us because CrackBerry is a community of people with something in common.

Here's a helpful post from the founder for all of us to ponder. And likewise, have a great weekend!

Mike
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...lution-118095/

I read it and agree with every word...You have a great weekend as well.
    01-24-09 07:59 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD