Hi guys,

Dave here...You can expect to see me on here a lot.

I just got my Blackberry Curve yesterday, and I am finding a lot of the options frustrating.

My provider is Telus, and I take it to download Ringtones and Images I need the Telus Portal by Pocket Express Application. I downloaded this application but now when I click on it....I get the following message:

"Pocket Express is going to request the permissions required to optimize experience. Please allow these permissions when prompted"

I then click ok and get the following message

"Uncaught exception: object already exists"

Any help with this situation will be greatly appreciated!

2nd question for now is how do you change which icons are on your main screen to the ones you use the most?

Thanks,
    Dave
    01-07-10 08:41 PM
    I don't know about your first problem but the second question, go to your Apps menu, click the menu button, and you can 'Move' around the apps.
    01-07-10 08:44 PM
    Cool, thanks a lot. I moved my App icons around.

But now, how do I move Applications I have downloaded onto my main screen?

Thanks in Advance,
    Dave
    01-07-10 09:00 PM
    The main screen is determined on what comes first on the big applications page. Unless you need a theme change.
    01-07-10 09:06 PM
    lol

Sorry man, I am so stupid. I see them there now!

Are themes the same thing as Wallpaper?

And is there a way I can download themes, ringtones without using the Telus Portal?

Thanks!
    01-07-10 09:08 PM
    Also, Do I have it right that to make the Volume Louder you go to Profiles and click Loud.

I have done this and the sound does not seem very loud.

Thanks.
    01-07-10 09:15 PM
    Lol, na dude, I did the same thing. And yes there is a way without using your browser, go on your desktop computer or laptop, google them for YOUR BLACKBERRY, make sure its for yours lol. And themes are the whole layout of your phone, wallpaper is just the background image.

http://forums.crackberry.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126 - that's crackberry's themes for your phone. Good start if you ask me.
    01-07-10 09:19 PM
    Lol, go to Profiles - Advanced - and you can edit each profile by clicking the menu button 'Edit'. You can even make a custom profile by going to "New Profile".
    01-07-10 09:22 PM
    And yeah, ringtones too. Sorry, I left out the most important part, you know what Blackberry Desktop Manager is?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 09:46 PM
    Yes, I have the Desktop Manager.

Is it possible to transfer songs, Images from my PC to my Blackberry. Or can you only transfer Songs, Images from your Blackberry to your PC.

For example: I downloaded Three Days Grace - Break last month onto my PC. Is there a way I can place this song on my Blackberry?

Thanks.

P.S. I will check out those themes and Ringtones, which me luck!
    01-07-10 09:54 PM
    Of course. Click on Media Manager in DM (Desktop Manager) and use either of the applications. For images, only Roxio Media Manager tho. Roxio's software is more manual which I prefer and doesn't require a media card off the bat. Blackberry Media Sync does require a media card tho. I do suggest a media card, do you have one? And it needs to be microSD.

01-07-10 10:01 PM
    Welcome to CB and to the world of the BlackBerry. As you can see, the forum participants are very responsive!

Looks like you have gotten your immediate questions answered. So here's just a tip for you. If in a dilemma, always try to pull the battery first and wait for the BB to reboot to see if that fixed the issue. In most cases it will...too bad the solutions to world hunger/peace/and a bunch of others aren't quite so simple.

Get acquainted with the search here and enjoy!
    01-07-10 10:33 PM
    I think that's my problem...I don't think I have a media card. Do they usually come with the Blackberrys or do you have to purchase them?

How much do they cost?

And yes...All responses have been super quick! I appreciate everyones help.

Thanks.
    01-07-10 10:49 PM
    Purchase them, I got my 4GB for about 20$. Just shop around but make suure its a microSD size media card. Or else it won't fit in your BB

01-07-10 11:21 PM
    Ok so here's my update:

I just figured out how to put themes on, but now my applications are gone, but say that I have already downloaded them?

*NOTE: The Apps that I downloaded after I got my phone ig. Blackberry App World, Score Mobile

What am I missing here?

Thanks.
    01-08-10 12:12 AM
    Just try removing from and downloading them again? All I got lol.

01-08-10 06:24 AM
    lol

Sorry man, I am so stupid. I see them there now!

Are themes the same thing as Wallpaper?

And is there a way I can download themes, ringtones without using the Telus Portal?

Thanks!
    Themes will allow you to customize a lot more than your wallpaper. They will change the menu, icons, look, etc. You can set any picture as your home screen image by hitting the menu key while viewing the picture in your photo section. Most themes do give you a background pic but I like the today screen a lot for my purposes. I don't do themes, but I do switch my wallpaper often. You can copy and paste pics from your PC onto your memory card, but that is a topic for another time....
    01-08-10 09:07 AM
    Purchase them, I got my 4GB for about 20$. Just shop around but make suure its a microSD size media card. Or else it won't fit in your BB

If you turn into a fiend like the rest of use, I think you should just go for the 8 GB card, you'll have a harder time filling this one and if you're going to buy a memory card, you might as well go for it. If you go to newegg.com or any other discount electronics site, you should be able to get 8GB card for around $20. I use mass storage mode to copy and paste what I want into my BB. I have 200GB of music on my computer, media manager doesn't like that, it takes too long!! Yes, my BB is my mp3 player too!!
    01-08-10 09:13 AM
    200 GB of music?!?! Holy crap, I thought I had a lot of music at 100GB. I just picked up an 8GB for $24 at Radio Shack (actually an exchange from a
    Christmas gift). Once I have the time plan to swap my 4GB with the new 8GB.
    01-08-10 11:13 AM
    You can tips here find many useful tips here: BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series
    01-08-10 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD