Hey names Josh..

I just got a Curve 8300. Just had Adam @ GSMPHONESOURCE get me a code to unlock it. (still waiting on codes)

Well curious. Is the curve better than the pearl? What do ppl think?

And having it be unlock my carrier has the pearl and same features as the curve so can i use yahoo and BB messenger ETC programs with an internet plan? (even though my carrier dont have the curve just the pearl? Someone willing to give me some insight on the Curve I'd be really happy. thanks

- josh
    01-04-08 10:03 PM
    Hey names Josh..

I just got a Curve 8300. Just had Adam @ GSMPHONESOURCE get me a code to unlock it. (still waiting on codes)

Well curious. Is the curve better than the pearl? What do ppl think?

And having it be unlock my carrier has the pearl and same features as the curve so can i use yahoo and BB messenger ETC programs with an internet plan? (even though my carrier dont have the curve just the pearl? Someone willing to give me some insight on the Curve I'd be really happy. thanks

- josh
    The differences, between the curve and pearl are basic. QWERTY keyboard, 2MP camera, WiFi...all on curve. However, some of the differences I've notiiced that are not exactly noteworthy are basically better menus, better interface feeling. Not sure how to word that.

Either way, if you can live with multitap and without WiFi, stick with the pearl. I coudln't live without the QWERTY, so I shipped the Pearl back and got the curve. It, to me, is a much nicer phone. It's the same with more...if you get my drift. If size is an issue, yeah...go pearl. If it takes you 10min to type one sentence using suretype or multitap (like me) get the curve.

PS - Welcome to BB
    01-04-08 10:10 PM
    the curve has WIFI? and if so can i use it before my phone gets unlocked without a SIM?
    01-04-08 10:13 PM
    also back to my question, with it being unlocked can i use the same progams the pearl has on my carrier since my carrier only has the pearl? hoping to get on yahoo with it and aim
    01-04-08 10:14 PM
    I personally like the curve better that's just me though in regard to the applications though, as long as your carrier supports the applications your wishing to install then they will work on your device, even if your device is unlocked if your carrier does not support the application you will not get the service books pushed to your device therefore not allowing you too run the applications.
    Hope this helps ya out josh and welcome to cb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-08 10:15 PM
    Since you have the 8300 model, sad to say it isn't WiFi capable.
    01-04-08 10:16 PM
    the curve has WIFI? and if so can i use it before my phone gets unlocked without a SIM?
    The 8320 has wifi, not sure about your second question. I never use it, to be honest. I would imagine you can connect to a WiFi LAN but beware that you need a data plan or you might get charged overage.
    01-04-08 10:16 PM
    and yes the curve supports wifi assuming you bought the 8320 version, I can't see what model device you have on the wap version of cb

01-04-08 10:18 PM
    ERR confused so you're saying if my carrier has the pearl and its allows BB MESSENGER/Yahoo etc to work it will work on my unlocked device? also could i set up a blackberry account with my carrier with my unlocked device saying they only support the pearl and not the curve?
    01-04-08 10:19 PM
    Lol chinesecatt beat me to the answer

01-04-08 10:20 PM
    also back to my question, with it being unlocked can i use the same progams the pearl has on my carrier since my carrier only has the pearl? hoping to get on yahoo with it and aim
    Not sure, on this one. However, my curve came with all IM's preloaded. Every single one. Yahoo, AIM, MSN, etc... I deleted AIM, MSN as I don't use those.

YMMV but, yes, you can certainly use them on the curve. It's the same phone, except for the few differences I mentioned before.
    01-04-08 10:21 PM
    nah 8300model. I got it back home in the cayman islands but im in south carolina. hoping that i can setup a blackberry account with suncom like as if i owned a pearl
    Yes exactly, if its on a pearl on your carrier, you can have it on your curve.

Cats are like that...grrrrrrr. I grew up, with 5 cats in the house...I know. Trust me.
    01-04-08 10:22 PM

hehehe
    Bla1ze, you are slow
    01-04-08 10:23 PM
    what kind of account do i need to setup with suncom to be able to use the internet features such as yahoo, aim, internet. etc? and where can i get the AIM download from?
    01-04-08 10:23 PM
    what kind of account do i need to setup with suncom to be able to use the internet features such as yahoo, aim, internet. etc? and where can i get the AIM download from?
    AIM should be on the handset, already. If you are a corporate user, you need the BES plan... If you are a normal user (I believe you are), you need the BIS plan. Speak to your provider about this.
    01-04-08 10:26 PM
    Curious, I bought an unlock code from adam at GSM phone source. takes him 2-3weeks to recieve the codes. heard he's a trustworthy guys from others.. now i already paid and IM VERY impatient about using the phone..

can i get an unlock elsewhere free? software wise? or some nice guy can help me? dont know if many ppl have a way to generate a code for IMEI #S for BB
    01-04-08 10:29 PM
    Curious, I bought an unlock code from adam at GSM phone source. takes him 2-3weeks to recieve the codes. heard he's a trustworthy guys from others.. now i already paid and IM VERY impatient about using the phone..

can i get an unlock elsewhere free? software wise? or some nice guy can help me? dont know if many ppl have a way to generate a code for IMEI #S for BB
    Not sure, but I'm fairly certain you will have to 'suck it up' and wait.
    01-04-08 10:32 PM
    know of anyone who succeeded at coloring their ball LEDs with a sharpie? and what was the turn out?
    01-04-08 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD