For the past 4 years I have had crappy phone after crappy phone with verizon. Had a launch chocalate, got into the hype, and had that thing replaced at least 8x before they gave me a Chocalate 2, which wasn't bad just didnt do anything, and then when with my last upgrade I got into the Samsung Glyde which was the worst decision of my life, new phones every 2 months, but dialing, auto ignoring calls, impossible texting. Well after spending an hour on the phone with verizon yesterday I got them to exchance for a curve without effecting my contract so I can still upgrade in January if I want to, Im going to make sure whatever I get is not a launch piece of junk from now on. So I have a few questions;

First is, Do I need any software? The phone they are sending me is a refurb I believe cause i had to purchase a battery cover for it cause they didn't have any in stock but they credited me 17$ to purchase it so i'm not getting a box or anything.

What size MicroSd Card do I want? I'm not planning on putting music on there, just ringtones and apps. 4 or 8? Times are tight or i would just buy an 8 gig right away but I thought I would see if a 4 gig would be more then enough for my needs.

I think that is it for now. Wont have my phone til tuesday but just trying to get my bases covered.
    05-29-09 10:10 AM
    SD card - hard to recommend as you do not need what your needs are.
    05-29-09 10:29 AM
    well, i was just going to theme it, like 3 to 5 ringtones, some apps, but I think ill just go 8 to be safe.
    05-29-09 10:44 AM
    I think 4 would be sufficient unless you are going to load it with videos.
    05-29-09 10:46 AM
    get the 8 because once you get all the videos and ringtones and music (SLACKER radio baby) your gonna need all the room you can get and trust me you get your berry your gonna find alot of apps downloads ect to put on ur berry! Good luck
    05-29-09 10:59 AM
    You cannot install apps on the Media Card. But I agree with the recommendation of an 8GB card. But 4GB might be sufficient if you never plan on putting music on it.
    05-29-09 11:03 AM
    Welcome to crackberry and congrats on the curve. They are great devices.
    05-29-09 11:07 AM
    If you ever had a friend or have used a GLYDE you know that anything is a great device compared to that samsung peice of crap. I just bought a 8 off ebay for 16.50 shipped. I figured that an 8 is much more usuable in the future in other devices then the 4 would be. I have 16 in my camera for christ sakes.

I just dled the blackberry desktop manager, i dled 4.6 english with media manager, was this correct?
    05-29-09 11:20 AM
    Welcome to crackberry and congrats on the curve. They are great devices.
    +1 You won't believe how nice the curve is going to "feel"...Enjoy your new device and these forums!!!
    05-29-09 11:30 AM
    Thanks for the help by the way guys. Reading through a lot of the posts here through the posts here these forums seem extremely helpful and the members seem extremely unthird grade acting if you know what I mean.

The lecture series has been extremely helpful as well. Thanks again.
    05-29-09 11:35 AM
    I would say get a 4gb card, you don't seem like you'll put nearly as much media as me or some of the other crackberry addicts. I think you'll probably be good with 2gb's. But anyway you'll love your curve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 11:51 AM
    Thanks for the help by the way guys. Reading through a lot of the posts here through the posts here these forums seem extremely helpful and the members seem extremely unthird grade acting if you know what I mean.

The lecture series has been extremely helpful as well. Thanks again.
    This is a great forum and poeople here are willing to help. Let us know if you need anythng else.
    05-29-09 11:57 AM
    got a few new questions. One, am i safe on verizon's 30$ data plan? Like safe enough to never have to worry about data usage? I just got concerned today when I was updating my gf's storm over the air and it said some charges may apply? Whats up with that?

Also, app question, Why do you guys continue to purchase apps off sites like this or other sites. Why not just buy from the app world? Are these other sites cheaper or are they the same price and are just trying to show support for sites like this or the people who make the apps directly?
    05-31-09 10:01 PM
    Data plans offer all sorts of things, my sprint is all inclusive or unlimited data. Not sure about your verizon plan..... A lot of apps are sold at multiple stores including the developers. Shop around for the best deal. Some forums give discounts to members.. can't remember if crackberry does but if they don't they should..
    05-31-09 10:19 PM
    ? Can themes be downloaded on memory card??

And to go with this thread for you.I think you will be better going big on memory. You will get so addicted. So def go with bigger

You cannot install apps on the Media Card. But I agree with the recommendation of an 8GB card. But 4GB might be sufficient if you never plan on putting music on it.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD