if any one updated their 8830 (buy sprint) have yall noticed that their is a delay when you use tha phone now?? ex. when the back light is off and you press a button to turn it on u now have to wait a bout 3 or 4 seconds for it to respond...

wats up wit this?

do anybody else notice this or maybe iam payin my phone a lil to much attn.?
    02-22-09 10:51 PM
    I dont have Sprint but when I went to 4.5 (ATT) I noticed a little residual lag when I pressed a button. Something that I did not see on 4.2.2. When I asked a friend about it he thought I was insane, now I am used to it. Not sure this answer helps but perhaps a guru will pop in with some other info.....
    02-22-09 10:53 PM
    Its a known issue w/this OS. Press the Space key instead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 10:53 PM
    ^ see I told you he was a coming
    02-22-09 10:55 PM
    if its a known thing i guess we have to wait a zillon years for another os to fix it??

and yeah when i press the spacebar it do seem to respond a "lil" better....but still and all they need to do something about that its annoying
    02-22-09 10:57 PM
    The backlight lag is a minor annoyance compared to the dreaded speakerphone blast issue this OS fixed.

02-22-09 11:01 PM
    I upgraded my Sprint 8330 to 4.5 and also have noticed the lag. Drove me nuts at first but I'm used to it I guess. I find if I hit the standby button its a little faster, but not much.

But I do like that on 4.5 I can check the time while in standby by hitting the end button w/o having to take the phone out of standby

I'm gonna try that space bar idea next time

02-22-09 11:06 PM
    Actually, you can press any of the top 4 keys while in Stanby to see the time.

02-22-09 11:12 PM
    I noticed the lag too. A bit annoying but nothing that I cant live with.
    02-23-09 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD