OK,I Was going to use a different thread,but i didnt wanna jack any.
    I JUST got my boost mobile 8330 Yesterday.
    im already familiar with the Hybrid-OS,i have the latest with 6.0 files on my BB.
    Now I Ask,there seems to be sooo much you can do with BB,and this is my first.
    coming from android OS,nothing against it,but i already am liking my BB better,thats coming from a 400 dollar I1 user.=\.
    anyhow im looking for suggestions on what i should do next.
    as far as customization,i know theres alot you can do from the device itself,
    not that i dont want to spend money,its really tight right now.im not looking to tether or anything,and i know wifi is not an option.just as far as the base OS goes,what can i do?im very excited about this,so excuse the long post.
    .OH,one last thing..is this "Boostberry" supposed to be 3G?i couldnt find info anywhere.=\.
    Thanks In Advance,
    GotHeart
    Last edited by GotHeart; 09-22-10 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Question
    09-22-10 12:19 PM
    Hi GotHeart, I have the same bb. There is a ton of free stuff everywhere to use. Yes the 8330 is CDMA 3G running off Sprint/Nextel. There are hybrid Os's on BBTweaks.

There is a long tutorial in the Blackberry Tips forum on how to remove a bunch of the elements that came with the boost Os if you choose not to install a hybrid just yet. This is what I have done and almost doubled my file free memory.

After you make some room you can download the "stock precision zen theme" which will allow you to use themes made for 8520/8530 bb's. Much more depth and better icons.

Just post back when you have decided what you would like to do and I can post you some links. Welcome to CB. Enjoy your berry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 04:00 PM
    I'm in the same boat as gotheart and love my bb. I have been thinking about hybrid and wanted to know the downfalls of doing this. Like what happens if i mess up can i always reset it back to the os that it came with or what?
    09-22-10 04:13 PM
    I'm in the same boat as gotheart and love my bb. I have been thinking about hybrid and wanted to know the downfalls of doing this. Like what happens if i mess up can i always reset it back to the os that it came with or what?
    Go to BBtweaks.com and read the tutorial on installing hybrids. Also read the tutorial on Maximizing Memory. Yes, you can always go back to the original OS because you made a backup of your OS and 3rd party apps, just like it says to do in the tutorial. Good Luck!
    09-22-10 04:22 PM
    alright well. Im new to all this and im going for it. wish me luck kinda scared lol
    09-22-10 04:36 PM
    alright well. Im new to all this and im going for it. wish me luck kinda scared lol
    Luck! Email me if you have any problems [email protected].
    09-22-10 04:44 PM
    I'll post the link jb.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

09-22-10 05:33 PM
    Thank snaganalf for this link to the Stock Precision Zen theme. Download it and you will be so glad you did. After you download it you can shop for great themes in the 8520/8530 section here in the Themes Forum at the bottom of the main forums page. Happy Hunting

http://obsidian.sytes.net/netrimprec...sionzenota.php

Last edited by albee 1; 09-22-10 at 06:32 PM.
    09-22-10 05:39 PM
    hahaha deff screwed up somewhere...well guess you gotta mess up sometimes eh..
    09-22-10 05:51 PM
    Hi GotHeart, I have the same bb. There is a ton of free stuff everywhere to use. Yes the 8330 is CDMA 3G running off Sprint/Nextel. There are hybrid Os's on BBTweaks.

There is a long tutorial in the Blackberry Tips forum on how to remove a bunch of the elements that came with the boost Os if you choose not to install a hybrid just yet. This is what I have done and almost doubled my file free memory.

After you make some room you can download the "stock precision zen theme" which will allow you to use themes made for 8520/8530 bb's. Much more depth and better icons.

Just post back when you have decided what you would like to do and I can post you some links. Welcome to CB. Enjoy your berry!

Thanks AGain.Im Now Running the lates hybrid OS for 8330..608?anyway,i have a sign where my signal is says 1xev.should it say 3G?im on boost mobile...not sure?
    09-23-10 01:17 AM
    ok.double checked the boost site itself,i should have 3g,as im under best coverage.with the latest hybrid,with or without 6.0 files,seems to give me some issues with data/3g.ill post back,and see if restoring stock makes a difference.=]
    09-23-10 04:57 AM
    No, since your on Boost and that's Sprint, it will say 1XEV.

09-23-10 08:38 AM
    GotHeart, it won't say 3G but if you have good signal it should come up as 1XEV in capital letters.

09-23-10 08:54 AM
    thanks guys,i did research that,and i guess their 1XEV[Caps] which i have is their 3G.im good with that.lol.coming from Iden,its a BIG difference.
    09-23-10 04:16 PM
    Came from iden too Gotheart, it's been a great improvement. Enjoy your new found addiction!

09-23-10 04:23 PM
    @albee 1....thanks.now i seen the mention of the bolt browser,d/led it,installed it.is there a way to completely replace the default browser?assuming with bolt.i got the launcher as well,but it still launches the stock browser,unless i specifically click on bolt.can i remove that?the stock one i mean.....
    09-24-10 12:54 PM
    You are welcome GotHeart. You can't remove the stock browser it is part of the OS. But you may have the choice in browser identification. From your open browser select Menu/Options/Browser Configuration. See if it is listed under Browser Identification. I tried Bolt and didn't like it enough to get that far so that may not work.

09-24-10 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD