Ok, wow, this site is a MASSIVE wealth of information, almost so large I can't make sense of it all.

Phone: Curve 8330 Verizon

Couple things I need cleared up:

1. I want to use the Gmail app instead of the regular BB email as the Gmail app just looks way better, and it seems to work in a more IMAP style way. BUT, it doesn't seem to show new mail unless I run it and hit Refresh. Is there any way to have it alert me of new mail like the BB one does?

2. It didn't come with any different wallpapers... ****, even my fathers 8830 came with a bunch. I don't have a MicroSD card yet, so how would I go about putting new wallpapers on it?

3. Best Twitter app? TwitterBerry would give me the "Network Request Failed" message everytime I tried to make an update. Googling the issue led me to believe I was the only one in the world with that problem... Using Twibble now, but it seems to clunky, and new Tweets aren't being received unless I tell it to refresh.

Is there a global system setting somewhere to allow apps to receive updates on their own that I am missing?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, I'll probably be posting back with some more questions.
    01-30-09 04:33 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

1) If I remember correctly, you need to leave it running - then it should alert to new messages. I also think it was a adjustable from the Profile /menus, but not sure - haven't used it in quite a while.

2) Get a Media Card. You'll want/need it, then follow this tutorial

3) TwitterBerry was my fav until SocialScope came around.

4) No auto updates that I'm aware of, just have to check every so often.
    Last edited by Chaz; 01-30-09 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Fixed link
    01-30-09 04:40 PM
    Welcome to crackberry! And gratz on the 8330!

1) Just set up your email address with the email setup app on your phone.
    2) Find an image online (your phones browser), put your cursor over it, click the menu key, and select 'Save Image', then browse to the pictures folder on your phone, find the pic, hit the menu key, and select "Use as Home Screen Image'
    3) I use Vlingo to update twitter. Click HERE to check it out!
    4) No universal one that I know of.

Hope this info helps you.
    01-30-09 04:41 PM
    Thanks both of you! Ill try that out now.
    01-30-09 04:45 PM
    Np, if you have any more questions, feel free to contact me on BBM (Blackberry Messenger).
    01-30-09 04:46 PM
    Ok why when I send an email from my device do I get a copy of what I just sent in my inbox. That is going to get annoying real quick, how do I turn that off. I use Gmail and I went through all their settings and don't see anything for that.
    01-30-09 06:27 PM
    Delivery notifications turned on?
    01-30-09 08:20 PM
    Fixed it. I just googled how to use IMAP with the BB email client. If you just follow the quick-setup and follow what it tells you to do it uses POP by default, thats annoying. You have to enter your email address but don't enter your password. It then gives you an option to use your own settings. That should be way easier.
    01-30-09 08:33 PM
    Is the update for the 8330 only for the World edition phones or for all 8330's? Also, what does it fix or activate?
    02-07-09 07:09 PM
    Is the update for the 8330 only for the World edition phones or for all 8330's? Also, what does it fix or activate?
    The world edition is the 8830 not the 8330.
    02-07-09 07:11 PM
    Can anyone answer my question as to which 8830 the update is for? is it only for world edition or is it for all 8330's? Also, what does it fix or activate?
    02-07-09 07:11 PM
    Can anyone answer my question as to which 8830 the update is for? is it only for world edition or is it for all 8330's? Also, what does it fix or activate?
    Which phone do you have, the OS updates are device specific and are not interchangeable.
    02-07-09 07:12 PM
    sorry I have the 8330 with sprint and I dont have mms. It is driving me crazy! Is the update for the 8330. And does it fix this problem?
    02-07-09 07:13 PM
    sorry I have the 8330 with sprint and I dont have mms. It is driving me crazy! Is the update for the 8330. And does it fix this problem?
    The latest official OS for Sprint 8330s is 4.5.0.131 and yes, it does give you MMS. The thread is a sticky at the top of this forum page. You can ask any questions about installing it there.
    02-07-09 07:15 PM
    All I had to do was resend service books and MMS was activated..
    email settings > send service books
    02-07-09 07:31 PM
    Is there another way to delete open mail besides deleting them one by one
    02-11-09 08:49 PM
    Is there another way to delete open mail besides deleting them one by one
    Yes. For a given date, you can press the menu button and delete all the messages prior to that. Or you can start and hold down on shift and scroll down then press the menu key to delete all of them.
    02-11-09 09:53 PM
    Yes. For a given date, you can press the menu button and delete all the messages prior to that. Or you can start and hold down on shift and scroll down then press the menu key to delete all of them.
    Wow Thanks reuvypoo, I've had my curve for about a month and really didn't know this existed! Thanks again!
    02-12-09 01:44 AM
    All I had to do was resend service books and MMS was activated..
    email settings > send service books
    Were you already running 4.5?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD