Hello all - Semi-new to these forums. I've been lurking for a little while since my girlfriend picked up her Curve a few months ago... I'm a first gen iPhone owner, been hacked since 1.0.2 on there... And my company just purchased some company devices for some of the IT folks. Somehow, I was on the list of recipients.

Anyways - We're deploying 8330's to 13~ users and 2 others are getting Storms.

I've been playing around with the phone since I got it this afternoon. It's certainly another world from the iPhone, but the high speed internet avialable from Verizon is a cool plus!

Anyone have good "tweaks/fixes/etc" that are generally suggested?

Thanks!
    03-30-09 08:01 PM
    The battery pull will soften most headaches. Be sure to read the Blackberry 101 series.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 08:21 PM
    App wise, I'd suggest downloading a second browser to get the full desktop browser experience. I'd recommend either Opera mini or BOLT Browser. Google maps is also a great app to have on your phone. Some people recommend BB weather bug as well. There are many different apps that make BB's great, so definitely look around the forums and see what people are talking about. I agree with Dr. Mom, check out the 101 series for a bunch of useful beginner material. Hope you enjoy your new device.
    03-30-09 10:56 PM
    Here's the link for the 101 lecture series...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...lecture+series

And here's some links on apps/downloads...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...pular+download
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/wha...pular+download
    Last edited by mwdb4au; 03-30-09 at 11:06 PM.
    03-30-09 11:00 PM
    Welcome to the Wide World of CrackBerry, where you will make the most of your BB experience, and there's no need to fret, you got a pretty good deal.

03-30-09 11:12 PM
    quick question on the 2nd browser why get another one? will it mess up the 1st one? what is the reason for it
    03-30-09 11:57 PM
    No, it won't mess up the other one, it is a separate application.

The web pages in the native browser tend to be rendered in a "squeezed" format that leaves many details on the wayside. Opera Mini or one of the other apps let's you zoom in and see pertinent sections of a web page that you may not view otherwise.

03-31-09 03:23 AM
    Welcome to CB plenty of good info here
    03-31-09 07:26 AM
    Thanks all for the welcome! Already downloaded a few of those suggested apps... Although I guess I have to keep in mind that this is a business phone vs. personal and I'll still have my iPhone around for all my regular stuff.

I think the best thing I found so far has been the theme that is similar to my iPhone. It's one of the Buuf themes, so my icons match on both! :-P
    03-31-09 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD