hey all,
    i just got my new 8330 curve on sprint. i've always been a windows mobile guy so i dont know anything about blackberrys.

1. i just got the phone activated with sprint
    2. just installed blackberry desktop manager 4.6 w/o media manager since i hear a lot of people on here like version 4.6.
    3. the curve came with system software 4.3 so im updating it to 4.5 now

anything that i need to do immediately? any help is greatly appreciated.
    03-05-09 06:14 PM
    useport80... sounds like you may have been doing some research. I would suggest read up on making the most out of memory & if you haven't read up on BB101.

Anyway...Welcome to CB & the Blackberry world!!
    03-05-09 06:17 PM
    Read the lecture series if you have not as Tanker has suggested, more importantly since you are upgrading, follow those directions to the letter and all will go well - Welcome aboard.
    03-05-09 06:22 PM
    hey all,
    thanks for the quick replies. i updated the blackberry to 4.5 and im syncing all my outlook stuff over now.

everything seems to be working well so far.

my wife has the same phone as well, can i plug her blackberry into my computer to update her to system software 4.5 without messing up my blackberry desktop manager and syncing i've already setup?
    03-05-09 06:40 PM
    I just did that today for my wife too. The pin for each device is what keeps each device separate.
    03-05-09 06:45 PM
    Yeah just back it up before you upgrade. Unless they are both new then it doesn't matter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 07:14 PM
    Definitely read the BB 101 Lecture Series. Read up on all of the Keyboard shortcuts and convenience keys. Also take a look at the Themes boards here. Have fun!!
    03-05-09 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD