are there any advantages to upgrading to the .194 OS the 8310 Curve
    03-24-08 06:20 PM
    What are the advantages of upgrading to the New OS for the curve, seems like a lot of work for no noticable gains.
    The update for me seems a little faster. And I gained about 1meg of free memory with the same programs installed. There could be alot of little bug fixes that we just don't see.
    03-24-08 06:21 PM
    my 8310 just wiped/scrubbed Help!!!
    03-24-08 06:59 PM
    Thanks! I just upgraded to the new OS and everything seems to be smooth so far. The only thing that looks different is BB Maps no longer displaying on my home screen though it is listed on the ap list as version 1.2.30? Is it "hidden?" Or, do I have to download it again? It took just under an hour for the upgrade.
    03-24-08 11:28 PM
    Thanks! I just upgraded to the new OS and everything seems to be smooth so far. The only thing that looks different is BB Maps no longer displaying on my home screen though it is listed on the ap list as version 1.2.30? Is it "hidden?" Or, do I have to download it again? It took just under an hour for the upgrade.
    How to: Get BB Maps on 8310 - PinStack.com - BlackBerry forums

i had to do this again so youll probably have to do the same
    03-25-08 01:30 AM
    Just finished installing the new OS. Took me under 40 minutes. Will post back with any problems/issues.
    03-25-08 11:27 AM
    Everytime i try and download this, it comes up as 0 bytes and the file instantly finishes the download.. I've tried a dozen times. Did RIM/TIM Italy remove it?
    03-25-08 12:51 PM
    No issues after 24 hours with the upgrade! I also have about 24 megs of free memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-08 11:57 AM
    I have 8310 with ver 4.2.
    what program and where can i download to manually enter my contacts and then syc them to the blackberry.. it is so hard to add all my contacts and e-mail addresses...
    can someone help me
    my e-mail is

homes @wsinnett.com

Thanks,
    bill
    03-26-08 07:37 PM
    I have 8310 with ver 4.2.
    what program and where can i download to manually enter my contacts and then syc them to the blackberry.. it is so hard to add all my contacts and e-mail addresses...
    can someone help me
    my e-mail is

homes @wsinnett.com

Thanks,
    bill
    If you are doing the update it will back up all that info for you and restore when it is done.
    03-26-08 07:49 PM
    FOR the love of GOD someone help!

I am almost done with the update and it is hanging on the

"connecting to device"

it takes FOREVER to get all the way through this. The problem is when it just completed it said it could not connect because I had to reenter my password so I did and hit retry and now it just started over I am going to go insane!

EDIT
    Anybody? Somebody? What happens if I cancel the process and redo it? I luckily made my own backup before I started.

EDIT #2
    Problem solved. I unplugged the blackberry (the program was still hung up on detecting device when it was unplugged) and I took out my battery and reset the phone. When it rebooted I typed in my password and plugged it in and IT worked, zipped through it thank you GOD
    Last edited by MaynardLD50; 03-27-08 at 09:59 AM.
    03-26-08 09:37 PM
    Has anyone upgraded using DM 4.2 SP2? An earlier post mentioned needing 4.3. Wasn't sure if this was a true requirement for 194.
    03-27-08 12:39 PM
    Has anyone upgraded using DM 4.2 SP2? An earlier post mentioned needing 4.3. Wasn't sure if this was a true requirement for 194.
    You will need to install it prior to updating to OS 4.2.2.194.
    03-27-08 04:22 PM
    You will need to install it prior to updating to OS 4.2.2.194.
    Rats. 4.3 and I do not get along well on my work laptop. I'll pass on this update and eagerly await 4.5. (At which time I'm sure I'll have to install 4.3 anyway...or DM 4.5...)
    03-27-08 05:02 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since my USB connection isn't working to get the new OS update to my BB, does anyone know how to install it via bluetooth??? THAT would greatly help me out until I figure out the glitch in connecting via USB.
    03-28-08 02:46 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since my USB connection isn't working to get the new OS update to my BB, does anyone know how to install it via bluetooth??? THAT would greatly help me out until I figure out the glitch in connecting via USB.
    You can't do it VIA Bluetooth. It has to be done by cable.
    03-28-08 04:20 PM
    Ok. I've tried everything to upgrade my OS. I have a BB Curve 8310. I currently am running 4.2.2.170. I upgraded my Desktop Mgr. and thought I downloaded and installed the newer OS system, but when I go back into the Desktop Mgr, it doesn't ask me if I want to upgrade. I opened the app. loader and it still shows the old version OS. What am I doing wrong?????????
    03-28-08 10:05 PM
    Ok If I decide to upgrade the OS will that remove the AT&T branding? Also where can I see the change log? And will this void any warranty on the phone?

thx in advance
    Last edited by BaNDiTo_RoX; 03-29-08 at 01:48 PM.
    03-29-08 07:54 AM
    Just downloaded a new OS. When I try to add it from my desktop manager I am getting somekind of syntax error on line 1....Anybody know how to get around this?
    03-29-08 11:22 AM
    why when u click in the link it says TIM italy? am i still ok to download it?
    03-29-08 11:44 AM
    Deleted

Sorry
    03-29-08 01:47 PM
    Just did the upgrade to 4.2.2.194. Gained significant free memory, but I am noting one annoying thing. In this version, when I press the Delete key to delete an e-mail, I no longer have the options of "delete from mailbox and handheld"or just handheld only. My ONLY choices are "delete" and "cancel". What's up with that?? I really liked having the choice of how to delete. Anyone offer some insight?

03-29-08 05:25 PM
    Go to messages options emails reconcialiation delete on prompt

03-30-08 02:07 PM
    I have an unlocked AT&T 8310 but my service is T-Mobile. When OS4.5 is released, will it work for my phone regardless of my service? Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
    04-01-08 10:17 PM
    I have an unlocked AT&T 8310 but my service is T-Mobile. When OS4.5 is released, will it work for my phone regardless of my service? Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
    Yes. As long as you delete the vendor.xml file before you run the upgrade, you'll be fine.
    04-02-08 08:51 AM
269 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD