First BB here, 8310 Curve with AT&T... I honestly don't think I can go back to a normal cell now

Ok, some quick questions. I tried to skim through and find answers but it's a needle in a haystack.

1. I've got OS v4.2.2.170 Will I gain anything by updating? Is it an easy process? I only ask because I noticed the Stickeys at the top of the forum.

2. I've set up a couple of email accounts. With each one i get a new icon, but each new email gets me a notification to my normal txt/msg icon and the individual email icon. Anyway to streamline this?

3. What some common icons to get rid of? I noticed that the preloaded pics are locked as is the preloaded vid.
    06-10-08 10:52 PM
    Also, are apps store on the media card or the phone itself?
    06-10-08 10:57 PM
    Welcome to the crack! Apps are stored on the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-08 11:11 PM
    Updating is a pretty painless process if you have like 45 min to kill working on a project or surfing forums lol... unfortunatley a stable build has not been release to the public, 4.5 is still in Beta

I know we all suffer from this inconvinience and desire 4.5!
    06-10-08 11:19 PM
    Updating is a pretty painless process if you have like 45 min to kill working on a project or surfing forums lol... unfortunatley a stable build has not been release to the public, 4.5 is still in Beta

I know we all suffer from this inconvinience and desire 4.5!
    Ah, so I might as well wait until the new build is released. If you do upgrade do you reload apps and media as well?
    06-10-08 11:26 PM
    If you backup before you upgrade the OS the system (Desktop Manager) should automatically restore the apps for you.
    06-11-08 03:42 AM
    Everything that is on the BB will be backed up (if you tell it to do so) and will reload when the new os is installed.
    06-11-08 03:54 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

First BB here, 8310 Curve with AT&T... I honestly don't think I can go back to a normal cell now

Ok, some quick questions. I tried to skim through and find answers but it's a needle in a haystack.
    Visit the links in my sig and you'll find almost everything you need to know.

1. I've got OS v4.2.2.170 Will I gain anything by updating? Is it an easy process? I only ask because I noticed the Stickeys at the top of the forum.
    Updating to 4.2.2.194 is easy and a safe bet, as it is a very solid build on the OS. Updating to 4.3 or 4.5 is iffy. Some have had success while others have had failure.

2. I've set up a couple of email accounts. With each one i get a new icon, but each new email gets me a notification to my normal txt/msg icon and the individual email icon. Anyway to streamline this?
    You can streamline the appearance by hiding either the main messege box or the individual messege icons. The firmware is set up to display a notification on both though. Also, try some different themes. There are many out there that let you customize and optimize the look of your BB

3. What some common icons to get rid of? I noticed that the preloaded pics are locked as is the preloaded vid.
    You can hide all of the "Shop" icons. Plus whatever you just don't want to see. To get rid of the preloaded pics and video, do a search for memory optimization and follow the suggestions on there.

Good luck!
    06-11-08 06:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD