Hi,

I have just got a Blackberry Curve 8310 and have a few problems, the main one is that it reboots it's self around 8 times a day so far!! I have a few questions I hope you don't mind...

1.) Is there anything I can try to fix this or should I just send it back?

2.) How do I find out what firmware my Curve is running?

3.) If I'm not running the latest firmware, is it worth updating to see if it makes a difference?

4.) The phone is T-Mobile branded, do I need specific T-Mobile firmware?

5.) The GMail and GoogleMaps applications do not work. I have heard I have to set permissions on these to access the internet. I have set "allow" on the 3 options but still not getting anyway.

Thanks for your help.
    06-28-08 03:47 AM
    Try a battery pull for at least 30 seconds.
    06-28-08 05:18 AM
    If the phone is new and under the carrier's warranty, don't fool with it, just take it back and make it their problem.

One thing, if you have a Media Crd in the phone, take that out for a day or so just to see if it makes a difference.
    06-28-08 05:28 AM
    Are you rebooting after going to the browser? This could be related to RIM doing maintance and OS updates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-08 07:19 AM
    Oh, yeah. If it's brand new and under warranty, don't waste your time. Take it back.
    06-28-08 08:33 AM
    help>>> i took mine back and got a new one, so why i still have problem?

they said i have a underlying virus somewhere!! wtf????
    06-08-10 09:33 AM
    Did you remove your microsd card for a day to see if that helps? I had the same problem on my 8330. I cleared and formatted my card and that fixed it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 02:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD