I finally got the curve charging pods for my office and home.. one of the best things i have ever bought IMHO...
    One thing i would like when i am in my work profile is that when charging (or just have it in the charge pod) it never turns off or dims the display.. is it possible?
    04-15-09 07:46 AM
    BBlight - this is the app your searching for - it can vbe found on CB and is my best friend!
    04-15-09 07:54 AM
    When in the charging pod mine dims and the backlight goes out. Perhaps check ur settings in screen/keyboard. I have mine set to auto dim

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 08:13 AM
    The whole point is i only want this to happen on one profile (work) and only when a charge current is detected (meaning it is on the pod)... I guess bblight would work, but doesnt that also turn on the LED?
    04-15-09 08:54 AM
    no it doesnt turn on the LED - you can set it to only be on during a certain time of the day or only while charging
    04-15-09 08:59 AM
    BBlight, you can have it do what you want and nothing else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 09:09 AM
    Does BBlight take up a lot of memory? I'm trying to contain mine...
    04-15-09 09:14 AM
    Very small, not a memory hog
    04-15-09 11:46 AM
    I just browsed on CB for BBlight but didn't find anything - is it still out there, but just not compatible for the Storm? Any other app similar to that which won't dim the phone while charging? Thanks!
    04-22-09 09:50 AM
    You really don't wanna do that, leaving the blackblight on full brightness will cause burn-in on your screen. I've seen it happen to a co-worker who did this and after about 3 months his wallpaper was burned into the screen.
    04-22-09 09:53 AM
    Thanks Shao - I won't risk that by looking for this app then.
    04-22-09 09:56 AM
    You really don't wanna do that, leaving the blackblight on full brightness will cause burn-in on your screen. I've seen it happen to a co-worker who did this and after about 3 months his wallpaper was burned into the screen.
    Was this a curve?

BlackBerryTools OTA
    try that for bblight link
    04-22-09 09:56 AM
    Was this a curve?
    Yup, 8330.
    04-22-09 09:57 AM
    True.. i just realized bblight wont do what i want anyway... The blackberry curve only detects external power when charging... when you fully charge the battery it doesn't detect external power anymore (little plug icon goes bye bye).. bblight will only keep my display on if the battery isnt fully charged and i have it on my pod...

I just tried it out and the screen went off like normal..
    It would be awesome (and maybe in the future) if the Blackberry can have 3 different detection modes... Out of Holster, In Holster, In Pod...
    04-22-09 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD