Why doesn't Sprint or Sprint PCS show up on the home screen? My friend that's on T-Mobile has T-Mobile show up on his home screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 01:08 PM
    It depends on the theme you are using. There should be a Sprint theme on your phone. It has a Sprint Splash Screen with it.
    I just checked again and it does not say Sprint. Sorry, but it does have a sunburst kind of thingy.
    Last edited by ronb; 03-01-09 at 02:36 PM.
    03-01-09 02:32 PM
    Are you sure it depends on the theme? The � themes that came with my phone still doesn't say Sprint as the network at the home screen. Like when I'm in the home network it should say Sprint and when I roam it should say Roaming. That's what my Treo and my Mogul did.

03-01-09 10:00 PM
    I'm pretty sure it is theme dependent as well.

03-01-09 10:03 PM
    I am sorry I misuderstood your question. You are looking for the name of the data or voice network you are currently using displayed on the home screen.
    I don't know how to have that displayed on the home screen unless a third party theme will do that. The best I can offer is to check it under the Manage Connections icon.

Good Luck!
    03-02-09 01:30 PM
    I thought this was only on GSM phones?

03-02-09 01:34 PM
    I suspect it is a difference between the CDMA 8330 and the GSM devices. Mine does shows my GSM carrier as the Network Connection.
    03-02-09 01:36 PM
    Sprint doesnt. As reed said, its the difference between cdma and gsm,
    03-02-09 01:53 PM
    Verizon doesn't show up on my screen and I'm glad (cdma also). Personally I don't care for carrier branding.

Less is better IMO.
    03-02-09 02:06 PM
    i actually wish there was a way to get rid of the "AT&T" at the top. :P
    03-02-09 02:10 PM
    Verizon doesn't show up on my screen and I'm glad (cdma also). Personally I don't care for carrier branding.

Less is better IMO.
    ya buddy. all the years with other phones saying verizon. finally it's gone
    03-02-09 02:11 PM
    Oh ok. So the GSM and CDMA differences are only for the BlackBerry. I was just wondering because my friend has T-Mobile and it shows up on his but not mine and I thught mine had something wrong with the ROM or something.

03-02-09 03:43 PM
    Your phone is perfectly fine
    03-03-09 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD