Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year!
    A few days ago I received my replacement Curve from Verizon (so I now have a scratch-free screen and phone again, whoohoo!).

Anyhow, for some reason I can not for the life of me remember how I set up my Hotmail account on my Berry. I've tried going through the 'e-mail setup' feature, but I don't have a BIS account as this is my personal phone.

If anyone can help by walking me through the e-mail steps, I would most appreciate it.
    Thank you!

SmeeBig7.

EDITed to add: The Verizon rep transferred my phonebook (minus a PIN) and my photos, but I also had pre-purchased apps and a game on my first Curve, which I no longer have. Is there a way for me to get them all back without having to buy the same products twice? Thanks.
    Last edited by SmeeBig7; 01-04-09 at 05:43 PM.
    01-04-09 05:33 PM
    If you do not have a BB data plan, email isn't going to work.
    01-04-09 05:48 PM
    If you have a BB data plain you use the BIS for internet and push email, if you dont have a BB plain it will not work

because you changed devices you might need to come up with a new user name for the BIS
    01-04-09 05:58 PM
    If you do not have a BB data plan, email isn't going to work.
    I do have the Unlimited plan, though.
    So what's the next step?

Thank you,
    SmeeBig7.
    01-04-09 06:05 PM
    is unlimted Data throu your provider or do you actually have the unlimted BB plain throu your provider

cause there is a differeance, a cell providors unlimted data plain will not work with BB, BB have there own plain
    01-04-09 06:09 PM
    Call VZW and make sure they have your account provisioned with your new PIN number.
    01-04-09 06:09 PM
    Call VZW and make sure they have your account provisioned with your new PIN number.
    Thanks. That is a great idea - not sure why I hadn't thought of it.
    The store is closed now, but I will try to give them a call tomorrow.

Also, is anyone able to answer the question posed in my "P.S."?
    Thanks,

SmeeBig7.
    01-04-09 06:32 PM
    in regard to your P.S....
    Contact the app provider via their website to find out if you can move the app to a new phone or if you have to make a new purchase.

Good Luck.
    01-04-09 07:30 PM
    Shouldn't you be able to go to your desktop software and change the device and send the set up information to the new BB? I'm a tad new here, and on my first still scratch free BB, but I thought there was an option in the desktop software to change the PIN number, as well as in the BIS web stuff. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I chew up phones pretty quick and hate the reconfiguring of each one. I thought the switcheroo thing was awesome. Hope I understood what it did correctly.
    01-04-09 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD