I got my Curve a few days ago and I'm having such a hard time connecting to WiFi on it. The WiFi is on but it just won't connect. When I go into Wi-Fi diagnostics, the status says 'IP address no longer valid'. I don't get what that's supposed to mean. WiFi works fine on every other device I use it on.
    07-19-08 02:38 PM
    There are a few thing that you have to be aware of, BM's guide to BlackBerry Wifi connection should help.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/
    07-19-08 03:53 PM
    I changed my Connection Preference to 'Wi-Fi Only' and that seem to get the Wi-Fi to work. I don't get how that's supposed to work. I need the network too. Shouldn't Wi-Fi work if I set the connection to 'Mobile Network Preferred'?
    07-19-08 03:54 PM
    Do you have a data plan and BlackBerry Internet Service?

If so, you can select Wifi Preferred and the connections should be automatic.

If not, you can select Wifi Only and you will be able to use your Browser.

Have you surveyed your site to detect interference? There is a site survey tool under Wifi Diagnostics.

07-19-08 04:01 PM
    As detailed in my guide... the WiFi preferred and WiFi only only pertain to your data and voice connection. If you are using your browser, you must configure that separately for WiFi use...

If you could fill out the rest of your CB profile so we know your model number and carrier, it would help a lot!! Then we can find solutions specifically for your situation...

You do not need a data plan in order to select WiFi preferred, WiFi only, etc. Take the time to follow through my guide and let us know how everything works out!! Good luck, and I hope your problems are resolved!
    07-19-08 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD