All, I have at AT&T 8310 for business and personal. Am taking my family to Maine this summer to a location that lacks AT&T coverage.

My business is such that my customers (many international) must be able to contact me 24/7. The vacation house has DSL (so data and Skype are useful) but, still, I need voice access -- say when I am outside.

I'd appreciate any solutions, ideas or workarounds. I don't want to have to cancel this trip (the wife made it) but persistent comms is a requirement.

Thanks.
    04-23-09 02:11 PM
    You say there is no AT&T coverage, but what about other carriers? Is roaming not an option?

If there are other carriers, you should be fine.
    Worst case, find out what carriers cover that area and possibly by a pay as you go phone...like a GoPhone that doesn't require a contract, and forward your number to the pay as you go phone.

Lastly, there are cell boosters, but they tend to be expensive. You can search the internet for them.
    04-23-09 03:26 PM
    Thanks. The issue (as I should have better explained) is that the area I'm going (zip code 04634) has no apparent coverage from anyone. Therefore, I doubt roaming or pay-go will work. Thanks for responding, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 03:38 PM
    I traveled through there last fall. Coverage for Verizon also was poor. I don't think there are any good options.
    04-23-09 07:52 PM
    I would find out who has the coverage up there and buy a prepaid phone for the time you are there and forward your regular phone to that one for your voice concern
    04-23-09 07:59 PM
    Thanks CarSaleman and agreed. Lastraid, can you re-read my post ? Thanks.

04-23-09 08:13 PM
    Thanks CarSaleman and agreed. Lastraid, can you re-read my post ? Thanks.

UM - yes you said you needed voice in maine. if you foward to a prepaid phone this is done via the ATT network behind the scenes. BUt if this does not work for you. sorry Enjoy your trip.
    04-23-09 08:24 PM
    Thanks but the problem, as I posted earlier, is the absence of ANY cellular coverage. Hence, not sure as I said, if pay-go is an option. Thanks anyway.

04-23-09 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD