Two days ago I updated to OS 4.5 and everything has been working fine.

Today i had to resend my service books for my email and ever since i did that i am having problemd with my Calendar reminders on my today screen.

None of my upcoming events are showing up on my "today screen". The last two days it has worked but now i see nothing. I went into the options screen and i have it so it shows "device default" but it still doesnt show anything. I also went to Options and then default services and then to Calendar in the CICAL and the CMME it only gives me an option for my email accounts and not device default.

I went ahead and deleted the email accounts on my BB and once I do that the calendar works again and i can get my reminders again.

I have been playing around with it for the last 2 hours and i cant seem to get it working if I have email accounts on the device.

Any ideas?
    11-04-08 05:58 PM
    Once you load email accounts on the BIS the calender will want to sync with one of them. I can not troubleshoot this for you, but I don't think there is a "default" blackberry calender once email is loaded. Hopefully someone has another answer, I'd tell you just to put the appts back into the calender with your email account as the calender option.
    11-04-08 06:06 PM
    Two days ago I updated to OS 4.5 and everything has been working fine.

Today i had to resend my service books for my email and ever since i did that i am having problemd with my Calendar reminders on my today screen.

None of my upcoming events are showing up on my "today screen". The last two days it has worked but now i see nothing. I went into the options screen and i have it so it shows "device default" but it still doesnt show anything. I also went to Options and then default services and then to Calendar in the CICAL and the CMME it only gives me an option for my email accounts and not device default.

I went ahead and deleted the email accounts on my BB and once I do that the calendar works again and i can get my reminders again.

I have been playing around with it for the last 2 hours and i cant seem to get it working if I have email accounts on the device.

Any ideas?
    I just wanted to say that you did a great job posting your question, It's alot better than HELP!!! There is alot of people who will pass those right up...
    Last edited by SevereDeceit; 11-04-08 at 06:38 PM.
    11-04-08 06:13 PM
    I am going to assume a few things....

1) You have more than one email account on your BB
    2) The PC calendar is the way you want it.
    3) DM is properly configured for a 2-way sync and either all events or the time range you want.

If I am correct then you want to....

1) Re-send the service books
    2) Options--->Advanced Options--->Service Book - Delete ALL [CICAL] entries.
    3) Connect to the PC and start DM and go to Backup and Restore--->Advanced - on the right side locate ALL calendar options and highlight and select clear.
    4) Sync you BB with the PC

Your calendar on the PC and BB should now match.

Whenever you either add an email account or re-send the service book [CICAL] gets added and messes up the calendar sync. So you will have to delete these entries.

I hope this fixes it for you.
    11-04-08 06:34 PM
    Good info Bronx, go Yankees AND Obama!!
    11-04-08 06:47 PM
    Bronx,

thanks that worked. Is that something new for OS 4.5? With my old OS i sent my service books a couple of times and I never had to do that and my calendar worked fine.

thanks for the help.
    11-04-08 11:43 PM
    WOW!

This solved my google sync problem (see my post dated today)

For weeks google wouldn't sync the calendar.
    APparently it is because there was a CICAL entry that got placed when I resent my service books to get the HTML email from 4.5!

Delete the CICAL and it google sync works!

How come nobody ever said this before to fix the google sync problem??
    11-06-08 09:50 AM
    Thanks! I also have been having the same problem and you solved it perfectly. Been driving me nuts last few days.
    11-06-08 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD