looks like i need to reinstall my os..

i saw a sticky for a new os but it was cell-south or something..

where do i find the latest os for my verizon 8330 and ( what is it typically called?..

do they call it an operating system or some other term?..

WHY ...??? I still have a camera that refuses to open telling me to close other applications tried every trick in the book from a long thread we had going yesterday - so

i've loaded my desktop software.. waiting for that to complete checking applications.. will backup all of my contacts.

will the OS install wipe my phone of everything?.. contacts, media, etc..

do i take my media card out of the phone before doing this?

anything i should do before i reload contacts and any applications - maybe 1 game...

thanks
    Wayne
    10-27-08 10:04 AM
    Verizon I dont think has released an official version .. I just downloaded the ones from the sticky and then followed the process step by step, removed the vendor file etc..

Installing an OS not released for your carrier can void the warranty.. as I think I stated last night..

When I got 4.5 installed, everything was still there, my contacts etc, I just had to reload my apps yadda yadda..
    I also took out my media card in the process too
    10-27-08 10:12 AM
    Keep in mind I have a different device from you, someone may pop in here and guide you a little better than my experiences.
    10-27-08 10:14 AM
    You're right Rachel, Verizon has not officially released 4.5 I am running the Celluar South version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 10:15 AM
    I just updated my 8330 from verizon last night. Just use the cellular south version with crackmem. Read the sticky and follow the directions to a t and u should have no problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 10:23 AM
    You can find the latest software here:
    BlackBerry® Software Updates
    10-27-08 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD