I installed a memory card to my blackberry curve. Under status for media card, it says that all the space is free. But my bb shows that memory is full. It's doing that great thing where is randomly erases messages and numbers in my call log. I don't know why it is not using the memory card since i have 3.6gb free on the card. Any ideas?

i love my curve dont want to upgrade but this is crazy
    05-27-10 07:36 PM
    Device memory and media card memory are two different things.
    You should change some settings around like saving pictures and videos to the media card as this generally takes up unnecessary space. After you change those settings you may have to manually move the pictures you've already taken from device memory to the media card.
    Also its good to set your messages to delete after 15 days, honestly how important are all your messages that you need them past that? Certainly not all of them are so only save the ones you must.
    Keep in mind having a ton of pointless apps you never use is a bad idea as are themes.
    This is a blackberry, not a iphone. Space is restricted and you have to be picky with what you have. I have the same device as you so I know the constraints. Generally speaking the 8300 series has 128mb of onboard memory for the whole os itself. Roughly 80 - 100mb out of the 128mb is used by the actual installed os. This leaves you with 20 - 40mb max on a fresh device. You are also suppose to allow atleast 12mb free space for the os to run smoothly giving you about 20mb to play with. This as you can imagine is not a lot and is why you need to be picky and change some settings.

So that's my advice set you inbox to delete messages after 15 days unless saved. Move any pictures and videos to the media card and have your device start saving them there from now on. And lastly delete all your pointless apps and themes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 09:00 PM
    ^^^^ Solid advice. there just isnt a lot of app memory on the older models. like kyle said, store everything you can to your media card, keep your sms and email logs cleared out as much as possible and clear your browser cache every so often.
    05-27-10 09:56 PM
    Good advice. Only thing is 83xx has 64mb storage, not 128. 8330 has 96mb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 11:06 PM
    You cannot save SMS on your media card. If you really need them for some reason, you can save them when you do a backup using Desktop Manager. If you need to read the old SMS on your PC, ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter provides that option.
    05-27-10 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD