I installed os 4.5 for tmobile curve 8320. everything works great thanks for that. except when i go to youtube and play a video it open the media player but then gives an error message saying an error has occurred attempting to play media. wat m i doin wrong?
    please help.
    03-28-08 05:07 PM
    Do a battery pull.
    03-28-08 05:13 PM
    Nopes battery removal didnt help and also to be clear i am using wi fi and not tmobile internet
    net works fine
    everything else works
    03-28-08 05:53 PM
    Where did u get the 4.5 os from?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-08 06:04 PM
    Same issue here, can't use youtube on wifi. Works on EDGE though.

Where did u get the 4.5 os from?

There's a 4.5 beta floating around. Difficult to find.
    Last edited by mettleh3d; 03-28-08 at 07:20 PM.
    03-28-08 07:15 PM
    Same issue here, can't use youtube on wifi. Works on EDGE though.

There's a 4.5 beta floating around. Difficult to find.
    edit: nevermind...found the old thread and saw the whole fiasco...i'll wait!
    Last edited by JuanS0Fly; 03-28-08 at 10:43 PM.
    03-28-08 10:18 PM
    I'm having the same prob on edge. I don't have wifi. Other videos like tmz work fine though. I'll try the battery pull I guess. Tried clearing cache :/ I'll be totally bummed if it doesn't work.

03-28-08 10:29 PM
    No luck w the battery pull I gotta be missing something. Its drivin me crazy!

03-28-08 10:37 PM
    as far as wat i hav read from other ppl it worked for them in edge but not in wifi
    still i hav no solution but i did get tinytube.net to work
    its basically the same as youtube jus a degraded version but pulls all the videos frm youtube
    Until somebody cant figure our problem
    03-28-08 10:46 PM
    no luck with 4.5 and youtube here.
    03-28-08 11:24 PM
    couple things to check.
    first, do you have the default browser set to internet browser or Hotspot Browser.
    I noticed when I was on Wi-Fi and changed mine to the Hotspot, I encountered the same error messages.
    Keep it at internet browser. If you are on a Wi-Fi network, your device will still transfer data over the wireless connection and the speed will be fine.
    I also believe that the blackberry still has some of the data limitations being on the slower EDGE network, so you will have this issue with larger videos. This will need to be worked out on Blackberry's end. They have limited 350K or something that you can download. You may have also noticed this when you attempt to download an image that is 400K and you receive a message stating file is too large, but on Wi-Fi this is not an issue. It is something that should be resolved, at least I would hope so.

Another bug I encountered, is on m.youtube.com (which is awesome that we can now stream by the way) when I remove the mouse cursor, I have to scroll all the way to the top and than I can highlight and select links with the trackball.
    Only happens on this site so far.
    Last edited by egrega1; 03-31-08 at 09:25 PM.
    03-31-08 09:21 PM
    No luck w the battery pull I gotta be missing something. Its drivin me crazy!

youtube is not working for me either. another os 4.5 issue i have is that my aim and yahoo only connect thru wifi. when i'm on the tmobile network, it doesnt connect.
    04-07-08 02:45 AM
    when 4.5 is released in non beta form does rim inform the users in an email or something like that?
    04-13-08 01:54 PM
    when 4.5 is released in non beta form does rim inform the users in an email or something like that?
    You can bet the mortgage that the release of 4.5 will be posted all over these boards as soon as it is offically released.
    04-13-08 02:55 PM
    ummm. yeah every needs to to these things

under TCP in advanced settings set it to your network providers ip

t-mobile is wap.voicestream.com or internet.voicestream.com

next you need to delete all certicifates on your blackberry device

next service books delete them too

after this go ahead and make sure your browser configuration is at maximum capitibility- check all box's

use the diminision l them your gonna screw it y changing it. so dont! it's still beta needs work dont push it to hard.

also i would advise going and putting the MDS app on your phone its a two stage app

then trun on your cell broadcast

go to advance settings browser and browser push, seperate folders do this in both, make sure that everything is allowed is the push folder and in the regular browser set your defualt browser to internet browser if not possible then make it wifi/ hotspot

ah and somehting else go SMS and make it GPRS only, free text!
    04-17-08 12:47 PM
    also go ahead and go to advace options and click applications and go to the 4.5 software and click edit permissions and make sure it is allowed all.
    04-17-08 12:52 PM
    lol i can watch youtube so try that stuff
    04-17-08 12:52 PM
    Really...what is everyones fascination with youtube anyways?...just curious...it's full of crappy videos that are horribly encoded, like I really wanna watch some kid sit there and make a coke bottle spew coke by popping mentos into.

Maybe it's just me but i'd rather spend my time watching something cool like Revision3 - The TV Network for the Internet Generation or something.
    04-17-08 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD