--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a new user of a Blackberry 8700 as provided to me by my large corporate employer.
    My question is this. Once they set-up the phone and send it to me to access the BES and corporate mail is it possible to buy a curve and transfer the settings and credentials of the company provided 8700 to the curve and maintain all the set-up work done by the company?
    The thing is I am currently an iphone user and love all the features. I just started with a large company (Honeywell) and they only provide one model and its a dated 8700 unit. They wouldnt let me even buy my own phone and have them set it up.
    Can I use my desktop manager to change devices without having to get info from my company? It shouldnt make a difference to them what model I use as long as it is a Blackberry and can sync with their system.
    Will I run into password issues or BES settings that will block me from doing this.

Thank you so much for any direction you can give me on this.
    02-27-08 05:35 PM
    The problem you will have here is that each device has a unique pin number which the company needs to register on the BES.
    02-27-08 05:38 PM
    No, the BES and BB setup an encryption between each other at setup using the units pin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-08 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD