A friend of mine (actually one of my CB converts...got her away from her nasty Treo) is having to switch 8310s because her little ball doesn't click anymore. Actually, it clicks but doesn't do anything. So, ATT sent a "new" 8310. We have used the Switch device wizard, and managed to get everything set up just fine EXCEPT the ringtones she purchased from ATT and downloaded. I have also the Backup/restore function, I have tried to transfer via BT, I finally tried the crummy Roxio program, and was able to get them onto the new device, but even though roxio says they are 122kb, etc, on the device they will not play because the are "an unsupported format" and they are listed as 00:00 in length. I have tried converting and not converting them, but it doesn't seem to matter.

Any ideas? I hate to let a BB convert down!
    04-30-08 11:22 AM
    Call att to send the downloads that were purchase from them.
    04-30-08 11:43 AM
    If the ringtones are on a Media Card then it is easy. Enable Mass Storage Mode and connect the phone to the PC without running Desktop Manager. Now you can drag the ringtones to a folder on the PC. The you connect the new phone to the PC and put them on the Media Card there.

You could just physically transfer the Media Card from one phone to another.

You can copy the ringtones from the phone's internal memory to the Media card by selecting Media on the phone and then selecting a ringtone in Device Memory (you have to do this one at a time) by scrolling down to it. Press Menu and scroll down to Copy and click the trackball. Now you can select a destination on the Media Card.

If you do not have a Media Card and you cannot copy using the Desktop Manager - try and avoid Roxio it is politley described a 'not very good', then you may need to go and buy one. I just saw a 2Gb SanDisk unit on ebay for $.9.99 + postage.

You should be able to do this without resorting to this since you can 'see' the ringtones.
    04-30-08 12:22 PM
    Thanks for the ideas. She does not have a memory card,but maybe I can use mine, although I may just have her get one to make it easy.
    04-30-08 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD