So I have had to restore my info to 3 different BB's now... but I love the BB and am willing to go the distance for our passionate love affair. I am using the set up wizard and I am wonder what option to choose. I just restored the new BB with a back up from about 5 minutes ago. The BB is saying, "there are contacts saved on your SIM card. You can copy these contacts to your address book, so all information for your contacts is saved on one peace." Do I need to select "yes" to "copy contacts now" if I just restored it from a very recent back up, or will that give me double contacts?

Thanks for the help!!
    08-28-08 11:46 PM
    If you have a recent back up with the contacts you want, I wouldn't bother copying them over from the SIM card.
    08-28-08 11:53 PM
    So I have had to restore my info to 3 different BB's now... but I love the BB and am willing to go the distance for our passionate love affair. I am using the set up wizard and I am wonder what option to choose. I just restored the new BB with a back up from about 5 minutes ago. The BB is saying, "there are contacts saved on your SIM card. You can copy these contacts to your address book, so all information for your contacts is saved on one peace." Do I need to select "yes" to "copy contacts now" if I just restored it from a very recent back up, or will that give me double contacts?

Thanks for the help!!
    Look on your SIM book and see how many contacts are there - are the same contacts also in the address book on the Curve? If they are already on the Curve address book they will be restored on new unit - - or just answer no to the copy now question and when you put your SIM into new BB they will be right there on the SIM just like you have it now. If you select "yes" you might end up with duplicates if you already have those SIM contacts in your BB address book.
    08-28-08 11:56 PM
    Thanks guys!! I love all the tech support I get from this site!! You guys are GREAT! Have an awesome weekend y'all!!
    08-29-08 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD