i just got the curve and everytime i try to surf the net or download anything it says this is a wi-fi service please ensure your device has an active wifi connection and try again. I want to use edge right now. what do i do?
    01-06-08 11:04 AM
    oh and another thing when i try to add applications to my blackberry through the application loader it keeps on telling me that no applications for my device are found but indeed they are. Im trying to add money manager. to my bb curve from tmobile.
    01-06-08 11:32 AM
    Timp,

In your browser app select

Options > general prop > and where it says wi fi browser select internet browser. Don't forget to save. That should do the trick for your browser.
    01-06-08 02:16 PM
    As far as the application loader, I think it has to do with you needing to have the OS also installed in your PC where the desktop manager is.

It was giving me that error before and then I read that somwhere here (might have been the FAQ wiki) that you need to do this. I haven't tried it since then so I'm not sure if it will do the trick or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-08 02:24 PM
    os installer onto my pc where the desktop manager is? hmmm can you elaborate on this? I never had a problem with this with my pearl or 8700g.
    01-06-08 03:17 PM
    oh yes and thanks guys i did get the internet thing fixed im just having a hard time getting apps on my blackberry. i love this phone!! almost got an iphone but glad i didnt.
    01-06-08 03:18 PM
    Also, beware when you save bookmarks. If you save them and specify "wifi browser" in the bookmark then when you're in EDGE coverage you will get that message as the bookmark will only use the wifi browser to connect and won't find anything. If you save using "internet browser" then it will connect using UMA or EDGE either one.
    01-06-08 07:15 PM
    woohoo cool thanks guys i got everything settled!
    01-06-08 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD