Hello, I have a little problem. I wiped my Curve using JL tools as I have done before many times to load a new OS 4.5 tmobile version. It wiped the phone like usual but when I went to load the new OS it failed somewhere thru the first part of the update. It failed to connect and did the troubleshooting guide listed to make it connect manually and I do but once the phone is detected and it gives me the option to load the OS it just stays at the Load JVM and Apps screen. Left it on all night but morning came and no go. Once I connect it to the computer it flashes red twice intermittent but one it�s detected it goes blank and nothing. Installed using Vista with Manager 4.6. have tried multiple times with no luck hopping that someone here has a sugestion or two. thanks-
    11-18-08 07:00 PM
    Did you delete the vendor xml?
    11-18-08 07:08 PM
    Tmobile doesn't have an OS for the 8310.
    11-18-08 07:11 PM
    sorry for that i updated my sig, i have the tmobile 8320. i did delete the vendor.xml but its still not loading. i try to do a wipe with JL but it will not connect to it. i have gone thru plugging the usb cable in just in time so that it will recognize it the updater as USB/Something, but after that when i continue it just stalls. If i cant get this to update did i fry the bootrom??
    11-18-08 09:23 PM
    You won't need to remove the vendor file then. I would try uninstalling and reinstalling DM.
    11-18-08 09:29 PM
    have downloaded 4.2 sp2 but it wont load under Vista, should i use XP instead and mabe there will be some luck?
    11-18-08 09:59 PM
    If you are trying to install 4.5, you need to be using DM 4.5 or newer. When you install on vista, right click on the file and choose run as admin.
    11-18-08 10:05 PM
    one question, do i have to have the SIM card installed (using it with a spare phone i have) and the battery? when i connect it to the computer it turns it on (thats the only way i can beat the shut off) so do i need the sim card and battery installed?
    11-18-08 10:15 PM
    You don't need the SIM installed, but you will eventually need the battery installed during the upgrade process.

How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected - PinStack.com Forums
    11-18-08 10:19 PM
    There's been a couple of these lately, Crash. One guy got it to go by downloading, saving and then installing from new DM and OS files. And another had luck with the recover dead berry instructions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 10:23 PM
    I'm not sure if this is the same as what sunkast put up, but here's instructions for when it won't see JL:

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ

11-18-08 10:25 PM
    will try it again with a fresh DM install and see where that goes. will post again. i wonder if its vista that is doing this or somehow impeding it since i have upgraded before multiple times without a hitch.
    11-18-08 10:29 PM
    I didn't have any problems, but I used the 101 instructions and the apploader do the wipe, save and restore. I still recommend you get a fresh .81, too. If the .81 doesn't work, .102 is around.

11-18-08 11:06 PM
    reloaded everything fresh from new download of both OS and DM. i did the command promt route with it running as admin, it detects the 8320 but when it goes thru the motions it stays at the "load JVM and System software" and does not move, nothing on the progress bar either. i ran command promt c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader/loader.exe /nojvm ENTER and it gives me the generic DM loader. it detects but gets stuck there. Anything else that i can try?
    11-18-08 11:33 PM
    Did you try the steps from the link I posted earlier?
    11-18-08 11:42 PM
    yep tried eveything above and most of the other stuff i found online. Am wondering if there are any repair shops that will fix this?
    11-18-08 11:46 PM
    well after trying again got an idea to load WindowsXP and give that a try and it loaded although halfways thru the final stages of loading the applications it go stuck on one of the .cod files (its the browser one) and when i unpluged it it finished the partial OS install on the 8320 but its only half installed. Well at least im on the right track now.... =)
    11-19-08 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD