So here's the deal:

my cousin calls me saying her balckberry isn't working. I tell her to bring it down so I can take a look at it. I get my hands on the thing and it is MESSED up. Physically the phone is in pefect condition but the keys aren't responding at all. the trackball is only going up and down, the phone itself doesn't allow you to access anything. This one is a swap unit as she has broken a berry before. Anyone have any idea what it might be? so far I have tried:

changing the OS
    wiping the phone with JL commander
    restoring to factory

none of these have worked. The phone isn't moisture damaged either I have checked. It will take 3 weeks for a replacement again as there is a backlog of 8330's. So any help would be appreciated, my cousin won't last 3 weeks.
    07-06-09 03:49 PM
    the keys aren't responding at all. the trackball is only going up and down, the phone itself doesn't allow you to access anything. ...
    The keyboard, switches and trackball are likely to be hardware issues. The fact that the trackball partialy resonds means we can rule out a connection problem.

If waiting for a warranty replacement is not practical, there are BlackBerry specialty repair shops that will express ship it for repair. A couple days, perhaps.

Google BlackBerry repair for a list including several in Canada.
    07-06-09 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD