Hi, i received 2 curves today, one for me and one for my wife. both are from sprint. new phones. Her curve (red) does not have a browser and the only option for email is enterprise serve email. How can I reset the curve to factory defaults? What should I do?

Thanks for your help.
    03-27-09 10:02 PM
    It sounds like the red curve has an IT policy on it. You can remove the policy by following the procedure detailed here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/remo...y-phone-81401/
    03-27-09 10:06 PM
    Also try registering the device. Options>advanced options>host routing table > Menu button>register now.
    03-27-09 10:08 PM
    It sounds like the red curve has an IT policy on it. You can remove the policy by following the procedure detailed here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/remo...y-phone-81401/
    Thanks for the advise but it did not work.
    03-27-09 10:23 PM
    What happened? How did it not work?
    03-27-09 10:29 PM
    Also try registering the device. Options>advanced options>host routing table > Menu button>register now.
    Thanks man but did not help.
    03-27-09 10:33 PM
    What happened? How did it not work?
    it wiped things out but i was not able to find browser or personal email setup
    03-27-09 10:33 PM
    it wiped things out but i was not able to find browser or personal email setup
    When i got to register this device with sprint/blackbery to route emails i get an error saying that this device is registered with another network. How can that be?
    03-27-09 10:38 PM
    At this point, I would call your carrier and make sure the device has a data plan. Also they have resources to make everything else is in line for the device to work properly
    03-27-09 10:41 PM
    It sounds like the BlackBerry Data Plan is not properly setup on the account. As indicated above, a call to the carrier is in order.
    03-27-09 10:45 PM
    It sounds like the BlackBerry Data Plan is not properly setup on the account. As indicated above, a call to the carrier is in order.
    This worked! I called Sprint and they corrected it. Now all is well.

Thanks for your help.
    03-28-09 08:59 AM
    Glad to hear that the issue was resolved.

way to go mama
    03-28-09 09:10 AM
    It seems like several new Sprint Curve owners have been reporting this. Sprint must not be flipping the right switches at the onset.
    03-28-09 10:13 AM
    Sorry I'm so late to the party, but did you try re-sending your service books? Go to your carriers BIS site, log in, click service books>resend. I don't know what it is for other carriers, but Nextel's is https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=nextel. The other providers' are probably a variation on that. And I'm sure you could find them with a search of the CB forums.

Resending Service Books is a simple, quick thing you can do. It should only ever need to be done when the device is:
    a)Brand New (should be done in the store, by the saleshuman, but I know mine wasn't!) or
    b)after a device wipe.
    When weird service glitches happen, it's a quick, easy first step (like rebooting) that (as far as I know) can't hurt.

I'm glad your issue was resolved, Kelrudy, but I hope this helps someone out.
    03-28-09 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD