I bought a refurbished bb 8330. It works great i love the phone.. i Just don't know how to do anything.. I was wondering which version of the desktop manager i need to download.. i have software version 4.5.0.77(on my device)

I downloaded from blackberry.com.. desktop software version 4.5.. i installed it on my computer.. But i can't seem to link my blackberry to my desktop manager. Even though i have my BB connected via USB..

Any help will be greatly appreciated.. Because i have to information but what i can find online.. Which doesn't always help.. Thank you
    01-19-09 02:01 AM
    I don't know why it wouldn't be connecting in Desktop Manager, maybe try version 4.6 or just uninstall and try again.

User guide can be found on the BB website.
    01-19-09 02:10 AM
    Your pc doesn't recognize your berry? I would make sure that it is plugged into a working usb port that may be one issue. Because if the pc recognizes your BB then DM should as well.
    And as far as a good DM I would say you have a good version. I personally use 4.6 but 4.5 shouldn't cause a problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 02:11 AM
    Does the 8330 charge when you connect it to the USB port?

If not, you might have a BB with a bad port.
    01-19-09 02:12 AM
    Here is a shot in the dark. What is your OS? Options > About >
    3rd line down. Did you install your OS onto your PC? If not you
    need to.

BlackBerry� Software Updates - Verizon
    01-19-09 02:18 AM
    My usb ports on my computer work with my zip drives.. My blackberry charges when i plug it in.. (atleast i see a port plug right next to the battery life, which i assume it means its charging) When i do pull up "my computer" there is no usb recognition.. Is that normaL?
    01-19-09 02:21 AM
    [QUOTE=amazinglygraceless;1446926]Here is a shot in the dark. What is your OS? Options > About >
    need to.

I have 4.5.0.77... What exactly am i supposed to install on my PC??
    01-19-09 02:25 AM
    My usb ports on my computer work with my zip drives.. My blackberry charges when i plug it in.. (atleast i see a port plug right next to the battery life, which i assume it means its charging) When i do pull up "my computer" there is no usb recognition.. Is that normaL?
    It's normal unless you have USB Mass Storage Mode enabled and set to Prompt.
    01-19-09 02:25 AM
    [QUOTE=deez404;1446935]
    Here is a shot in the dark. What is your OS? Options > About >
    need to.

I have 4.5.0.77... What exactly am i supposed to install on my PC??
    The phone Operating System. Use the link I provided. On that web page click
    Personal Email, choose your device, enter your phone number and follow
    the instructions
    01-19-09 02:29 AM
    With both the desktop manager and the application loader when it says select a device... My bb is plugged into the usb port.. But there is no pin number for my phone.. But my BB does charge with a phone wall charger.. But im not sure if it works with the usb
    01-19-09 03:19 AM
    Definatly thanks for the info.. The downloads were great.. So i talked to a blackberry tech guy and when i told him i was using my usb cord for my ps3 controllers he said that they could be too weak or just not right for charging or using for my device.. So tomorrow i will go buy a new cord and hopefully it will work...

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP!!! It is greatly appreciated.. This website is a really nice community.. I will definatly stick around in this place.
    01-22-09 01:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD