I am new to this and hope someone can help me with my Curve 8330 from Verizon. I bought the Freedom Keychain 2000 and paired it with the Curve. I set the Curve to use the Freedom Keychain 2000, but when I am on a map and push the trackball, it does not give me an option to use the GPS. Also the blue light on the phone is not blinking. So I am guessing it is not "talking" to the Keychain. I also can't find "where am I ?" What did I do wrong? Your help is very much appreciated.
    08-01-08 06:30 PM
    I would PM jeffH
    08-01-08 06:51 PM
    With the Freedom Keychain 2000 turned ON, go to Manage Connections/Bluetooth Options/Keychain GPS 2000/Menu/Device Properties/Menu/Refresh Service List.

You will first see the message: "Waiting for Keychain GPS 2000"

Watch closely. If next you see this message: "Unable to connect to Keychain GPS 2000" flash on the screen, turn the Keychain 2000 off and back on again and try again. You have to watch. The message will appear momentarily, then go away.

Once you have successfully refreshed the list, the blue light on the phone should start blinking.

What mapping app are you using? Google Maps cannot keep the Freedom Keychain 2000 locked. The Freedom puck requires a regular acknowledgement from the device, or it goes into battery-saver mode and drops the bluetooth connection. Google Maps is unable to provide this acknowledgement. Blackberry Maps can. So if you want to run Google Maps, it will be necessary to start Blackberry Maps first, let it sync with the GPS, then exit it without closing it and start Google Maps. If you do this, Google Maps will run with no problem.

EDIT: Thanks for the referral, ediggity
    Last edited by JeffH; 08-01-08 at 06:57 PM. Reason: typo, acknowledge referral
    08-01-08 06:54 PM
    Thank you JeffH for all the good info. I use BBmaps and I did get it to work. It doesn't give me turn by turn directions like a regular GPS unit does. I mean it does not talk to me. I must be doing something wrong, but I will try again.
    08-02-08 06:35 PM
    Thank you JeffH for all the good info. I use BBmaps and I did get it to work. It doesn't give me turn by turn directions like a regular GPS unit does. I mean it does not talk to me. I must be doing something wrong, but I will try again.
    You're not doing anything wrong. BBMaps does not have spoken directions. Nav4All does, and CoPilot Live did, but its link was down the last time I looked. There have been posts that Google Maps 2.2.2 provides voice directions, but I've been unable to download it, so I can't say for sure. There may be other apps that provide spoken directions, but BBMaps does not.
    08-02-08 06:49 PM
    Oh, how disapointing. I will check out the ones you mentioned and see what else is available. I let you know if I find anything else. Thank you very much for all your help.
    08-02-08 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD