Does anyone know how to disable the forwarding of sent messages (sent by yourself) to your blackberry again? My Gmail sends emails that I have sent out to others right back into my inbox (both on my curve and my computers email inbox), so I have to read them again. I have tried creating a filter to stop this, but it hasn't helped at all. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated!
    12-23-08 03:23 PM
    Set up a filter on your BIS site in order to block forwarding any emails to your device that has your email address in the from field. Do a quick search the exact directions can easily be found.
    12-23-08 03:35 PM
    Gmail help files

For some odd reason I can't link directly to the Blackberry help document about this. Follow the link above to gmail help, and near the bottom look for the line:

"If you receive in your inbox a copy of messages sent from your BlackBerry device, you may wish to create a filter in your BlackBerry Internet service account. For instructions on how to create a filter, visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center."

The link will take you to a step-by-step for correcting it.
    Last edited by Spinny; 12-23-08 at 03:48 PM.
    12-23-08 03:43 PM
    Thanks for the information!
    12-23-08 03:54 PM
    Thanks for the information!
    No problemo. I just went through setting all this up myself today, so it's still fresh in my mind.
    12-23-08 03:55 PM
    This is the guide i used to set up my Gmail account on my Berry http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...ail+sent+items
    12-23-08 03:55 PM
    Heh. Figures there'd be a great thread here about it. I was trying to link to the blackberry.com version of that above but the URL is formed badly from the BBS's perspective so it won't translate. I have to hand it to the gmail folks, their help files are extensive and easy to follow--but CB still rules!
    12-23-08 03:58 PM
    CB is great, i came here awhile back looking for info and never left, hahaha...
    12-23-08 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD