I am having problems deleting appointments on my calendar in my BB after I delete them from Outlook and get an error message on my BB that reads "Appointment deleted externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed" It is then followed by an 'OK' button. Once I click on the button (the only option offered) it just returns me to the calendar and nothing has changed. How do I then delete the old entry on my BB? I tried synch'ing but it does not help. I am using a BB 8310 on AT&T and Outlook 2003.
    Any thoughts on what to do?
    08-16-08 10:51 AM
    Are you getting the error message before or after you sync the device?

If it is before, you may have setup the DM for BES or Redirector instead of BIS when you installed it.

It also sounds like you do not have the Calendar configued to sync in the DM, because either way it should sync with Outlook.

Open the DM and select Syncronize then the Configuration tab, then Configure Sync, select the Calendar, then the Choose button, and make sure Microsoft Outlook is selected. Make sure the the box is checked in fornt of Calendar before you exit the Configuration.
    08-16-08 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD