Just won the bid on my verizon 8330. I researched it a bit and found out it lacks html email, document editors and a good web browser that renders pages nicely. I also found out that 4.5 OS is available on the verizon website that takes care of full html emails and documents to go. however i believe the web browser is the same. is there a way to download the upgraded blackberry browser on my 8330? should i just use Bolt, or opera? The best thing for me would be to have the blackberry browser instead of having to use a 3rd party app so is there a way i can get the 4.6 OS or something better than 4.5?
    10-05-09 01:56 PM
    You can download the latest OS but it won't help with the browser issue. I use bolt on certain sites. It is rumored that rim will be updating their browser sometime next year but for now I'm afraid you are stuck with the native browser bolt or opera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 02:04 PM
    which one's the best 3rd party browser then?
    10-05-09 02:13 PM
    I personally like the way bolt renders the pages. But some like opera. Just try them both and see which one you like best. Its personal preference really. I also use the native BB browser a lot actually. As long as sites are mobile friendly it works just fine.

10-05-09 02:27 PM
    I agree that Bolt renders HTML pages nicely. I also prefer the BB browser for mobile sites like m.crackberry.com.

10-05-09 02:45 PM
    I agree that Bolt renders HTML pages nicely. I also prefer the BB browser for mobile sites like m.crackberry.com.

sent you pm...
    10-05-09 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD