Hey guys. Trying to help my mom get her berry set up with her Outlook.

We have everything installed right and we can get her emails to the phone but I have a few questions.

Can she delete her emails (on handheld and mailbox) and have them delete themselves on her desktop computer as well? We're trying to do this but its not working.

I can do this on my Curve with my Yahoo email but not with her's on Outlook. What can we do to get this fixed?

I tried to search for answers on the internet and havent had any luck. Thanks for the help
    02-21-09 02:46 PM
    You can do this with yahoo as it's a feature they have, but not with outlook unless your on BES.
    02-21-09 03:22 PM
    So how do I delete emails on the phone and have them deleted on the computer?

I tried syncing it and it didnt work. Any help? Thanks.
    02-21-09 04:18 PM
    Methods of Receiving Email on BlackBerry - BlackBerryFAQ

BlackBerry Redirector.

This is a special software program included on a CD included with BlackBerries, that you can install on your computer. You can run it on a home computer or office computer -- just leave the computer on 24 hours a day. The software will watch for new emails arriving in Microsoft Outlook and then automatically forward a copy of these emails to your BlackBerry. (No BES needed, although some users have reported a BES Server Address Required during installation). But you must keep your computer running 24 hours a day to get copies of your email.

Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES)

This can be purchased as a server for full internal integration with corporate email, (expensive) or as a BES (MDS) Hosting service for more individual integration (cheaper). Mainly used by corporations, although some prosumers have purchased BES/MDS Hosting services. This is the preferred corporate method of push email, fastest and most secure, and allows you to have your own custom domain names. It interfaces with Exchange Server (or Lotus Domino, or Groupwise) and allows your BlackBerry to automatically mirror your Exchange Inbox. Wireless email sync capabilities means that if you delete email on your BlackBerry, it also gets deleted from the desktop. There are other benefits to BES. For example, Version 4.0 of BES also adds wireless over-the--air Addressbook/Calendar/Notes/Tasks synchronization. More information for the full corporate version is found here Alternatively, you can get BES Hosting Service if you don't want to purchase the full server. This service is offered by several third parties. The full server itself can cost over a thousand dollars, while getting hosting service for one BlackBerry typically costs less than $25 per month. All five of the above can be used simultaneously on different email addresses, into the same BlackBerry "Inbox" (Messages screen).

POP and IMAP email.

See BlackBerry Glossary
    This is available with all BWC accounts above. The BWC webmail site has a configuration that allows you to enter POP hostnames, usernames and passwords for a certain number of POP accounts. Your BWC will automatically check email every 15 minutes and forward a copy of messages to your BlackBerry. This is not true push email; you must send email directly to the @blackberry.net address (or use BES). Information from RIM website
    02-21-09 04:28 PM
    Thanks man! I appreciate it
    02-21-09 07:08 PM
    What type of email account is she using Outlook to manage?
    02-21-09 07:11 PM
    What do you mean by that? How do you check to see what type of account she has?
    02-22-09 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD