Hey guys,

I've been lurking here for quite sometime but haven't really posted. This site has been a wealth of info...thanks!!

I have been a BB owner for about a year now and love it. I was on the Sprint 8830WE but today just switched to the Curve.

After doing the Device Switch and what not....seems that my data is only half way working....

Opera Mini works, my AOL and GMAIL both work, GPS works....

but I still don't have the default browser icon...and when I use my ESPN app that uses the default browser it won't work.

My BB Messenger also isn't working yet.

Any advice guys.

I'm not a complete newb....but I'm far from a pro either...thanks in advance!
    12-06-08 05:55 PM
    Login here -

BlackBerry Internet Service

Select the Change Device link, and enter the info from the new device. Then select the Service Books link, and Resend Service Books.
    12-06-08 06:18 PM
    Login here -

Select the Change Device link, and enter the info from the new device. Then select the Service Books link, and Resend Service Books.
    Thanks for the reply...

I just did all that and it put me in the same situation I was in....

Email works, but still no default browser, and ESPN app won't work.

This is killing me....when I replaced my 8830 in the past I didn't have any issues like this.

Any other ideas?
    12-06-08 06:32 PM
    Try options > advanced options > host routing table > press menu
    and select Register Now.
    12-06-08 06:34 PM
    Id try provisioning again, but I hate to say if it�s a brand new device that has been just activated it sometimes takes some time for the phone to get completely activated. While the activation of voice and some data services can happen almost right away some of the more advanced BB data services can take 4-6hrs to completely get activated and in other cases it can only take an hour.
    12-06-08 06:38 PM
    Try options > advanced options > host routing table > press menu
    and select Register Now.
    I've done that about 5 times with no luck. I get the message each time that my BB has been registered...but no luck still.
    12-06-08 06:43 PM
    Id try provisioning again, but I hate to say if it�s a brand new device that has been just activated it sometimes takes some time for the phone to get completely activated. While the activation of voice and some data services can happen almost right away some of the more advanced BB data services can take 4-6hrs to completely get activated and in other cases it can only take an hour.
    Yeah, I figured as much as well.

It's been almost 7 hours though since its been activated.

But the weird part to me is that Opera Mini works, as well as all my emails and Navigation.

I just don't have the default browser or BB messenger. Just don't get why its partially working.
    12-06-08 06:45 PM
    Anyone got any other ideas???

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with BIS.

When I go to Status it says BIS is NOT CONNECTED.

Not sure whats going on here and I hate to call sprint and deal with them since they are never as knowledgeable as the experts here!

Anything guys?
    12-07-08 11:54 AM
    Call Sprint. I had some issues w my BIS and my Curve - and suprisingly they were helpful and got it fixed easily

Just fyi - make sure you call from a line that is not your phone. They can't send fixes to your phone if you are on it.

Best of luck

Kev

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 05:15 PM
    Ok...
    resorted to calling Sprint. Had to wait until I was back in work on Monday since I no longer use a land line at home.

They sent the fixes to my phone and got it going again. Thanks for the help guys.
    12-08-08 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD