Recently my phone has been resetting itself. It doesn't do it every day, but the screen will go white and then everything will come back up ok. Well a few minutes ago the phone reset itself and I look at the screen and I believe it said JUM ERROR, I could be wrong with this but it was something like this. It said continue below it so I pressed the track ball and now when it gets to the home screen it's not reading any pictures, messages, or phone numbers. I pulled the battery out, pulled the sim card, and mem card out and put them back in. Everything seems fine and I just got the phone about a month ago due to my other one effing up. Anyone know of anything I can do? Is there a way to reset it with certain combo of buttons or anything? All help and info is appreciated!!!

-Peter
    01-09-10 12:00 PM
    Recently my phone has been resetting itself. It doesn't do it every day, but the screen will go white and then everything will come back up ok. Well a few minutes ago the phone reset itself and I look at the screen and I believe it said JUM ERROR, I could be wrong with this but it was something like this. It said continue below it so I pressed the track ball and now when it gets to the home screen it's not reading any pictures, messages, or phone numbers. I pulled the battery out, pulled the sim card, and mem card out and put them back in. Everything seems fine and I just got the phone about a month ago due to my other one effing up. Anyone know of anything I can do? Is there a way to reset it with certain combo of buttons or anything? All help and info is appreciated!!!

-Peter
    It sounds like buggy software, try looking for the latest operating system for your phone and upgrade. And I believe it was jvm error.the upgrade should fix it and if it doesn't then you will need a replacement phone, you should have 1 year warranty through your provider

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 12:03 PM
    It sounds like buggy software, try looking for the latest operating system for your phone and upgrade. And I believe it was jvm error.the upgrade should fix it and if it doesn't then you will need a replacement phone, you should have 1 year warranty through your provider

Well I would do that, however, the last time I upgraded the OS that's when my phone was resetting itself everytime during a phone call. Man this sucks. Thanks for the info though!!
    01-09-10 12:05 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...ersion-387520/
    That's the latest software for you phone

01-09-10 12:05 PM
    Well I would do that, however, the last time I upgraded the OS that's when my phone was resetting itself everytime during a phone call. Man this sucks. Thanks for the info though!!
    This usually happens when your battery is starting to go bad. The phone transmitter places a larger drain on your battery, and your phone will reboot when the battery can't supply enough power. An easy way to test if the battery is bad is to plug the BB into a wall charger and make some long phone calls. If the BB doesn't reboot/shutdown while on the charger, it's the battery.

FYI, you probably saw a JVM error.
    01-09-10 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD