Hello -

I was wondering if someone could tell me where I can purchase a foam gasket for the front plate on the curve. I had to remove mine that was on my black housing from cnn.cn, because it was too big and wasn't allowing the front case to shut all the way.

Thanks
    02-08-09 06:52 PM
    02-08-09 07:16 PM
    Probably will have to get an OEM housing somewhere and pull it from that. May be tough to find the piece on its own.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 08:03 PM
    I tried to take the gasket off my old faceplate, but it keeps ripping in pieces when I try to pull it off
    02-08-09 08:40 PM
    Also - I noticed on the new case from cnn.cn, it doesn't have the tiny LED light 'magnifier' like the original housing had. Is this something I can remove from the old housing and put it on the new black housing?
    02-08-09 11:26 PM
    Also - I noticed on the new case from cnn.cn, it doesn't have the tiny LED light 'magnifier' like the original housing had. Is this something I can remove from the old housing and put it on the new black housing?
    Yes, some have removed the piece and have glued in into the new housing. I just left mine on my OEM faceplate.
    02-08-09 11:27 PM
    I have been looking for the exact same thing, the foam piece has seemed to keep alot of dust from getting under the screen, i guess when i took my phone apart that broke that protection and i have to clean it constantly!
    02-08-09 11:34 PM
    I've been looking for this gasket for 3 days now with no luck. I think I will have to go to the hardware store and look for the thinnest foam tape i can find.
    04-29-09 05:06 PM
    Is this what you're looking for?
    GSM4World.us
    04-29-09 05:45 PM
    04-29-09 07:05 PM
    heh... yep that's it, thanks guys!!!
    04-30-09 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD