My wife and I have been having a disagreement over the symbols that show up in the new 4.5 os (my phone) vs her standard 4.2 os (that she wont let me upgrade) while in BB messanger by the status smiley at the top.

The one that we are having the disagreement over is the one that looks similar to this: (((

I believe its due to the fact that she is sending or reading sms messages, but she seems to think its when her phone is having sketchy signal at work.

Can someone pleeeease tell me the correct definition of this symbol?
    Thanks!
    01-21-09 05:28 PM
    SMS/MMS and E-mails have an envelope as the icon, BB MSGR uses smiley faces, the one you show with the waves indicates their phone is off., one with a star means new etc... Official data can be found on Blackberry.com or your Blackberry Model's user manual which can also be downloaded on Blackberry.com's web site. Red X is status unavailable, bubble is activate convo.
    Last edited by ghostshell; 01-22-09 at 11:13 AM.
    01-21-09 05:54 PM
    Actually the one that looks like soundwaves ((( means On the Phone or Phone turned Off (Reception Issues)..
    01-21-09 06:22 PM
    and the Bubble or Ballon w/ means typing a BlackBerry Messenger message.
    Last edited by impalass96; 01-21-09 at 06:34 PM.
    01-21-09 06:26 PM
    It means your wife is insane....back away v-e-r-y slowly.....
    01-22-09 01:57 AM
    Thanks for the replies, but I am also waiting on an email back from RIM.
    My wife can not use her phone (calls) at work, so I am still holding on to my deduction that its from the sms/texting she does all day long while working. I will let you know what they say.
    Also, the user manual does not show ANY of the smilies that BB messanger uses, fyi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 09:33 PM
    Think you could post a screenshot so we can actually see the icon you're talking about?
    01-25-09 06:01 AM
    The one with the sound waves means user is unreachable. The one with the clock means user is busy. The one with the red x means user is unavailable (that one is set by the person). And the one with the thought bubble means they're typing a message. If you hit menu and go to contact info it tells you what they mean.

01-25-09 06:29 AM
    The icon is the one with the sound waves is the one I keep seeing. It DOES coincide with when she is text messaging as it happened last night. I am guessing when text messaging, it is blocking the bb messanger messages until she comes out of the sms window.

01-25-09 08:53 AM
    Think you could post a screenshot so we can actually see the icon you're talking about?
    If someone can tell me how to do a screenshot while in bb messanger, I would be more than happy to do so.

01-26-09 12:46 PM
    bbscreenshooter is one way..

There was also mention of another one yesterday but I forget what it was called. I use the above.
    01-26-09 12:54 PM
    If someone can tell me how to do a screenshot while in bb messanger, I would be more than happy to do so.

Download OTA Capture It: www.thetechmogul.com/CaptureIt/CaptureIt.jad and set Capture It to one of your convenience keys, your screenshot will be under your Media/Pictures..
    01-26-09 01:00 PM
    I like to use CrackUtil for my screen caps, though it means being hooked up to the computer via usb.
    01-26-09 01:02 PM
    It also comes up if the signal is to weak and bb switches to a tower without the capablity with your provider to do bbmessenger. I text, email and bb mess all within seconds and never have a problem. Will be curious to see what RIM says.

01-26-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD