I upgraded from 4.3.127 to 4.5.077 on my VZW Curve 8330, and I am having persistent problems with BB messenger. Every time I turn off my BB or do a battery pull, when I open BB messenger I get an error that I have switched to a new device and need to update my contact list. If I select yes, the contacts are placed in Pending Pin Update Status. If I select no, the contacts are deleted entirely.

I did some digging on this, and discovered that it is a known bug in VZ 4.5.x. The way to get around this is to disable content encryption. I did that, and then deleted all my BB contacts and re-invited everyone (for the 5th time in 3 days!). Now when I send someone a BB IM the message does not go through. Instead, it simply shows the clock icon and it is neither delivered nor received.

I receive messages from my contacts, but I cannot send them. Can you please help, I am at the end of my rope with this app.

Thank you in advance!!
    07-13-09 03:12 PM
    I'll bump my own thread with an update. I deleted all contacts (again), and did a battery pull. When I re-added the contact, I was able to send and receive messages.

I'm scared to reboot the BB b/c of the dreaded pending pin update. haha
    07-13-09 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD