and for all, CB member help I picked up a curve 8320 a few weeks ago from t-mobile, very happy with the phone thus far, I have read a lot here on CB, ok here's the question about BB messenger, I've read that there's no charges, cause the messenges goes thru the RIM server, ok so last night I called customer care for peace of mind you know, now they tell me that there's no charge as long as it's domestic texting/messenger in the U.S, outside the US Cananda,Europe or S. america is free to receive them and 20 cents per message to sent them out, some goes for yahoo, AIM messenger not just BBM. I have a grandfather plan with t-mobile unlimited texting and unlimited data service too. Im very concerned I don't want to receive a $500 bill next month you know!!! I have family all over the world, messenging would be a great way to stay in touch with them, instead of just emailing, one of the reason's why I bought this phone HELP...
    03-08-09 04:04 AM
    bbm uses data. as long as you have an unlimited data plan, bbm should be free (both receiving and sending), assuming you stay inside the u.s. if you leave the u.s., roaming data charges will most likely be applied.
    03-08-09 04:44 AM
    I think the Tmo rep must have something confused. I have a few devices with them. 1 has full unlimited data and I have friends outside of the country. I use BBM all the time and have never been charged one penny for it. 2nd line has just he unlimited email package...you know the cheap 10 bucks a month plan. Well it allows BBM also! Never been charged one penny for that either. And I have been doing it this way for a while now. So I thinks its safe to assume that you wont get a large bill. Jae.berry is correct BBM uses data. Aim and yahoo and the like use data also. You can not use them unless you have data because you wont have the right service books for them to use. Jae makes another good point, assuming you stay inside the states...going outside of the states and using international roaming....I dont even wanna know what charges would incur there.
    03-08-09 07:01 AM
    You gotta love service reps that give out false info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 07:05 AM
    Yea, Tmo is usually good service. But every now and then you get some off the wall info from one of them. I just ask to talk to a manager and usually its something different. All I can say is I personally have never been charged for it. Hope that helps the OP out.
    03-08-09 07:08 AM
    I would also think unlimited is unlimited.

That would be like having internet service at home (cable, DSL, even dial up) and being charged for the email. Sending an email from the coputer to anywhere in the world is free, you pay for the service... Right!

I send emails to Irag with my Blackberry and have never been charged.

You are using the same type of service, just on the Blackberry. I don't see any more additional charges being added (unless as stated above, you leave the country).

Emai is not like making a phone call. Also as mentioned before, it is using data.

msblueline

03-08-09 07:40 AM
    So is only if physically leave the country right?roaming charges take place, Sending BB messages shouldn't accur any addtional charges in the account,cuz the rep said anytime the message is outside the country there's will a charged for it.I'm freakin' confused now.

03-08-09 01:03 PM
    Now you have me confused. As far as I understand it...if your in the US and BBM someone thats in Russia there will be no other charge. If your phone is from the US and your in Russia and BBM someone thats from Russia you will already be roaming on international charges. So it ould still be just a part of the data. That a little easier to understand or did I just totally screw up this whole thread? lol
    03-08-09 01:19 PM
    ^ if thats all correct, I understand now, man the reps at t-mobile should maybe do some reading on CB, some of them are clueless about the service, ok now I can BBM my brother in S. America without any additional charges, which was my concerned.
    03-08-09 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD