Hello, everyone. I've had my BB Curve for a few weeks now. When selecting the BB browser, one of the links that automatically comes up pre-loaded on my BB is ESPN. When I click on , it comes up fairly quickly. Upon scrolling down it suggests you to "optimize" by selecting BB browser options and add checking HTML Tables, Style sheets, Images, Background images, and Java Script. After doing that and reloading the page it comes up much richer with better graphics. It's does seem as though it may have taken longer to load the second time.

1) What is the "ESPN Blackberry Launcher" download link they offer on their home page?

2) Do the more options you select slow down the website page loading?

3) Most importantly for me is what option browser settings does everyone recommend?

4) Is there a way to save a "favorites" website links to the BB browser homepage?

5) Can I delete some of the preloaded links that I will never use like mobile banking, VZ Nagigator, etc., if so how?

6) I see that you can "page down" by hitting the space bar, but once your at the bottom of the page do you have to "hold" caps up and space bar to page up? Can I and how do you do a "caps lock"?

Thank you to every one who replies!!
    Last edited by tennistim777; 07-30-08 at 05:28 PM. Reason: added question #4 ,#5,and #6
    07-30-08 05:05 PM
    1. it's a bookmark or a shortcut, just like in your computer's browser. does the same thing.

2. yes. more graphics is more data, thus takes longer to download.

3. use what you want. i tend to go for speed. others may prefer shiny things. it's your device.
    07-30-08 05:09 PM
    1) it gices you the ESPN logo icon on your screen and its a quick launch to espnmobile.com
    2)depends on the options.
    3)i uncheck java script and background images.
    i have prompt to enable java, html,background colors, and dtyle sheets checked
    07-30-08 05:13 PM
    1. it's a bookmark or a shortcut, just like in your computer's browser. does the same thing.

2. yes. more graphics is more data, thus takes longer to download.

3. use what you want. i tend to go for speed. others may prefer shiny things. it's your device.
    1) it gices you the ESPN logo icon on your screen and its a quick launch to espnmobile.com
    2)depends on the options.
    3)i uncheck java script and background images.
    i have prompt to enable java, html,background colors, and dtyle sheets checked
    Thank you. I added a few more questions if you don't mind. Thank you very much!!
    07-30-08 05:29 PM
    Use the search function, it will answer all your questions.
    07-30-08 05:33 PM
    4) Is there a way to save a "favorites" website links to the BB browser homepage ...
    Navigate to your preferred home page and press the Menu key. Select Options / Browser configuration and scroll to the bottom of the page.

Select the Use Current button.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD