I have an 8330 on Alltel. I did the GPS unlock workaround, where I ran TeleNav for a few days and then canceled it. Google Maps works fine, BB Maps works fine, Amaze works (except the voice cuts out constantly and I can never understand a word she says), but Nav4All will not detect my GPS sensor. It just sits there at "Searching for GPS sensor..." or something similar to that and never senses it.

Anyone have any idea why GPS works great in all applications except Nav4All?
    10-06-08 02:32 PM
    i am having the same problem with my sprint curve 4.3os. i have messed around with the grps settings with no luck. been searching online for possibly using a proxy with no luck. ive done a battery pull. no luck there either.
    10-06-08 02:41 PM
    bump......
    10-06-08 06:41 PM
    When you go to the GPS setup section don't click on the "Search for GPS" or whatever it says. I think there are 3 choices and the last one sounds kind of weird. That's what you have to select to find the external GPS. Now this is on the 8320. I would give it a try to see if it works on the Alltel Curve.
    I don't have Nav4All on my phone anymore I found Tomtom on my S60 nicer and easier to use.
    10-06-08 06:55 PM
    When you go to the GPS setup section don't click on the "Search for GPS" or whatever it says. I think there are 3 choices and the last one sounds kind of weird. That's what you have to select to find the external GPS. Now this is on the 8320. I would give it a try to see if it works on the Alltel Curve.
    I don't have Nav4All on my phone anymore I found Tomtom on my S60 nicer and easier to use.
    sweet!! thank you!! lapi works!!
    10-06-08 10:38 PM
    Thanks!
    10-08-08 04:29 PM
    Now if only the voice wouldn't cut out...
    10-08-08 04:30 PM
    Now if only the voice wouldn't cut out...
    yep i agree. this happens on both nav and amaze. i ended up just uninstalling both and sticking with bb maps. bb maps uses google maps and has the speed on it. its nice to the speed as my bike speedo is about 5% off.
    10-09-08 01:27 PM
    Sounds like you guys got it solved. I was only going to suggest a battery pull. A full power cycle always works wonders. I'm on a T-Mobile 8820, but share the same issue. The pull works but the problem comes back. Pain in the a$$. Free is free so I don't complain too much
    10-15-08 02:19 PM
    Firstly, Google Maps could not work on my 8330 (without GPS signal)
    According to the advice, I downloaded and use Telenav for 30 mins, and then I click cancel subscription Telenav.
    Google Maps now can determine my location via GPS signal.

But I wonder that do I have to call Telenav phone # to cancel or jist click away ?
    10-19-08 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD