Is this free? Is it good and safe for your phone?
    And does anyone have a download link so I can download directly from the phone?
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 09:10 AM
    01-15-09 09:13 AM
    I've been using it for a long time and it works pretty well and I've never had any problems with my phone since I put it on there
    01-15-09 09:27 AM
    I have a question about this app, I just downloaded and installed it, confirmed download, said it was installed, but I can't find it anywhere. It's not on the home screen, not in apps and not in application center, but it does show as installed in the application list in adv settings?
    01-15-09 05:48 PM
    still prefer GMaps Mobile on my Curve
    01-15-09 05:56 PM
    It seems to work, as does GMaps, but neither well enough for me. I refuse to use anything Google and need turn-by-turn anyway. For me, I do Garmin.

Try a restart to get the icon up.

01-15-09 06:02 PM
    Is TeleNav the only GPS program installed on the Curve?
    I've just purchased one through Alltel & am needing a free GPS.
    TeleNav states it'll add $9.99 to my bill each month. Alltel also states their GPS is an addition to my bill.
    I'm cheap. Where's a free GPS program? hehe
    01-16-09 12:09 PM
    nav4all free, works, free

(I said free twice to get the point across! LOL)
    01-16-09 12:26 PM
    i use poynt along with bb maps but i am thinking about getting goggle maps but from the looks of it, it seemed to be a bit of a memory hog i dont mind shelling out memory for a app if it is worth it. so my question is goggle maps worth it? how does the loading time compare to bbmaps???
    01-16-09 12:56 PM
    It seems to work, as does GMaps, but neither well enough for me. I refuse to use anything Google and need turn-by-turn anyway. For me, I do Garmin.

Try a restart to get the icon up.

just out of curiosity, why don't you use anything Google? I am the opposite, i do everything with Google except eat it.
    01-16-09 02:19 PM
    I have used it on my 8310 Curve last year and it works fine. My gps was the issue. I got the Freedom Keychain GPS Receiver.
    01-16-09 02:45 PM
    OK...I went to the Nav4All site & was attempting to download it. The instruction page stated "After step 1 and 2 you have to set up which connection java applications may use. Do this by selecting "Settings" in your phone’s main menu, go to "Connectivity" by pressing right, go down to "Settings for Java", push "Select" and then select the GPRS connection you want to use. "
    My question is, where's "Settings" at in my main menu?? The closest thing I see is "Options".
    I've got an Alltel Curve 8330 w/v4.5.0.89 installed.
    Thanks.
    01-17-09 11:22 AM
    I contacted Nav4All over the weekend about the above problem & have as of yet to hear from them.
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    01-21-09 04:48 PM
    I'm using amAze. I tried Nav4All and found that its wasn't easy enough to use while driving. amAze feels more polished too.
    01-21-09 04:58 PM
    I'm using amAze. I tried Nav4All and found that its wasn't easy enough to use while driving. amAze feels more polished too.
    I installed that amAze. The one time it did load, it said it couldn't find a GPS signal. When I tried to do it via starting address instead of using GPS location, it couldn't find that either.
    Any other free GPS programs out there that work on a Curve 8330?
    02-06-09 09:46 AM
    For Altel and Verizon users. They have locked the GPS in the Curve to work only with their NAV system and it cost money every month. The only thing that will work other than their NAV system is the BB Maps and that can not give turn by turn directions.

To use Turn By Turn Directions on a curve from Verizon/Altel you either need to find an unlocked version of the OS or use a Bluetooth GPS Receiver with other GPS Software.
    02-06-09 10:44 AM
    For Altel and Verizon users. They have locked the GPS in the Curve to work only with their NAV system and it cost money every month. The only thing that will work other than their NAV system is the BB Maps and that can not give turn by turn directions.

To use Turn By Turn Directions on a curve from Verizon/Altel you either need to find an unlocked version of the OS or use a Bluetooth GPS Receiver with other GPS Software.
    Are you using an unlocked OS? If so, which one?
    Thanks!
    02-06-09 12:27 PM
    I have not found an unlocked OS that i am willing to pay for. As for some of the upgrade beta found here i have not tried any of them as i use my BB for work and can not risk the possibility of not having it for a day or two.

A friend let me try his Garmin Keychain Bluetooth GPS receiver and it worked very well with the Garmin software but you are looking at about $149.00 for the package.
    02-06-09 12:33 PM
    I had the Nav sytem added to my 8330 today. I have to say so far it has me located 1.5-2 blocks from my office location. Now if 2 blocks is as close as I get when I get to a real metro area, that is not going to be very helpful.
    02-06-09 02:16 PM
    I have a question about this app, I just downloaded and installed it, confirmed download, said it was installed, but I can't find it anywhere. It's not on the home screen, not in apps and not in application center, but it does show as installed in the application list in adv settings?
    Hit the menu key and click "show all" It should be there.
    02-06-09 02:40 PM
    Found the answer ... I think. Settings.

-----------------------------------
    Originally Posted by rwking
    I take 1-2 calls a day about VZ Navigator not working. The problem seems to be some of the applications permissions are incorrect. Here are the correct settings.

Options->Advanced Options->Appliactions

Edit Permissions at VZ Navigator

Connections, Interations, and User Data should be set to ALLOW. If set to custom then change.

Explode Interactions.

Screen Capturing and Browser Filtering set to DENY (the BOLD DENY. Storm users, Screen Capturing is not an option for you.

Save permissions, restart VZ Navigator.

Hope this info helps
    ---------------------------------------

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/vz-...65/index3.html
    02-06-09 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD