Hi All,

I'm a newbie BB user and a newbie Rogers Wireless customer. I was formerly with FIDO (in Canada) for many years but had to switch carriers to get a BB.

Cut to the chase...I have both the Call Display (number only) and Name Display features added to my Rogers Wireless account. Works great for incoming calls, now I get to see both the name and number of callers who are not in my address book.

Question to all (more specifically Rogers Wireless customers) out there is this...on my outgoing calls, should the receiving party--either wired or wireless number get to see my name and number info? Provided of course they have these features enabled on their phone line. I seem to be only "sending" out my telephone number and not my name. Is this the norm or is there something wrong?

I spoke with a Rogers Wireless tech support person and she concluded that the feature is supported only on the BB 8300 and 8800 and not the 8310--this simply does not make sense since this is an outbound call and it is the network that sends out the name/number info.

Thanks all.
    12-06-07 03:57 PM
    I'm on AT&T and just now upgraded to 8310 curve. At the receiving end, they are able to see the name and number. The caller-id display name is something your carrier can change.

[When I got a family plan (2 lines) sometime back, both the lines showed the same name in the caller id. I had to call the cust. service to change one to point to my wife's name. ]
    12-06-07 04:08 PM
    Thanks Rintu,

I use to work in the telecom industry and know that caller ID display name is something the carrier populates. However, I don't if my account was set up correctly (as it is a new account) for it to send out both the name and number.

I shall call Rogers Wireless customer support again tomorrow and hopefully get better help.
    12-11-07 10:28 PM
    For AT&T, the first level of cust. support agents doesn't have access to the application which is used to change the name. And sometimes they'd say they can't do it (most of them are not even aware of it). Ask them to transfer to a LEVEL 2 support and they'll do it in an instant. It takes anywhere from 24 - 48 hrs to come into effect.

All the very best !
    12-15-07 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD