There is a message on my phone that I CANNOT find. I've checked under email, voicemail, MMS, SMS, everything. What I'm wondering is if there is a way to either reset the notifications or erase ALL messages.
    09-30-09 08:51 PM
    Go into EVERY folder and hit the U(for unread) button. Check all folders including hidden folders, Saved Message folder, PIN messages, missed calls logged in Message folder.

If you have your general " Messages" folder hidden (Menu-Show All), check there. As stated above, PIN messages only go to that folder. App World update messages also are only logged in this folder.

Make sure you have no alerts such as weatherbug/berryweather, facebook, calendar, bbm, aim, yahoo etc.

Try a battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 09:58 PM
    To mark all ready, go into each folder, select the date at the top, then bb menu, then mark prior opened.
    09-30-09 10:11 PM
    Check your sent mms/sms folders also... if one doesn't send, it will hang in there...
    09-30-09 10:31 PM
    I too have a message I cant find. Im tired of looking. Surely there is a reset option.

Help
    10-04-09 09:15 PM
    Do a soft reset. Hold down ALT, RT CAP and DELETE. Your phone will reboot. This should clear the hanging message envelope.

10-04-09 09:33 PM
    but what other things would I lose with a soft reset. That sounds a bit extreme.
    10-04-09 09:57 PM
    Extreme? You are just rebooting your phone, as you would with a PC. You won't lose anything.

10-04-09 10:01 PM
    Don't bother with the *soft reset* just do a battery pull, device on, take the battery out for abt 20 seconds.

10-04-09 10:02 PM
    do you have a custom theme running?
    10-04-09 10:06 PM
    What does the unread message indicator look like? My wife's Curve is showing 3 unread messages and I have never seen the Icon before. Too small for me to make out.

10-04-09 10:11 PM
    it should be a little yellow envelope with a red star on it. on OS 5.0 with threaded messaging, its a blue speech bubble with 3 horizontal lines in it.
    10-04-09 10:18 PM
    This one is a grey rectangle with what looks like 2 small black circles in it. Going to hook it up tp DM and see what I can fond.

10-04-09 10:31 PM
    This one is a grey rectangle with what looks like 2 small black circles in it. Going to hook it up tp DM and see what I can fond.

thats a voicemail icon. Either she has waiting VM's or she exited out of the options to quick for it to *catch* and remove

Have her leave herself another VM and listen to ALL the options before clearing.
    10-05-09 07:25 AM
    Cool. Thanks for letting me know. That makes sense she never checks her voicemails.

10-05-09 08:15 AM
    thats a voicemail icon. Either she has waiting VM's or she exited out of the options to quick for it to *catch* and remove

Have her leave herself another VM and listen to ALL the options before clearing.
    I thought the little grey envelope/box was enhanced volume settings
    10-05-09 09:57 AM
    I thought the little grey envelope/box was enhanced volume settings
    While on a call, its a black and blue box with a white diagonal line
    10-05-09 10:39 AM
    Yet again, Crackberry.com to the rescue of my sanity... I'd be lost without this place.
    10-18-09 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD