Hello! I've been searching extensively but haven't had any luck with answers...

I have just received this message in my Gmail inbox on my computer only, not my BB curve which gets the same Gmail account's mail:

-------------------------------

Subject: Delivered: Re: IMG0008.jpg
    from [email protected]
    reply-to [email protected]
    to [email protected]
    date Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 5:34 PM
    subject Delivered: Re: IMG0008.jpg
    mailed-by srs.bis.na.blackberry.com

hide details 5:35 PM (1 hour ago)

Your message was delivered to the recipient.

------------

Now...you may be thinking oh you sent a picture to them.
    NO! I have a restraining order against this person and so am not in contact with them. Thinking I might have sent something by accident, I check ALL outgoing boxes (on BB and computer) and there is NOTHING sent from me.

So, I searched my gmail history and that photo was sent from the '[email protected]' email address LAST MARCH.

What I need to know is...was this person searching and forwarded me a Confirmed receipt from THEIR curve? Just wondering what the options might be for why I received a Delivery Confirmation in MY inbox with NO OUTGOING MESSAGES.

Could they be hacking into my email? My BB account? I'm just not sure.
    Thanks so much in advance!!
    01-21-09 08:59 PM
    I'm sorry no one has been able to answer your question yet! I think that they, like me, are at a complete loss as to what might be going on? I hope somebody knows what's going on, or else what are we good for here?! :P
    01-21-09 10:47 PM
    Ok you say you got delivery CONFIRMATION, right? Then another possibility is they JUST opened it, whitch triggered the "confirmation". Make sense?

That's what it sounds like to me. HTH!

Toni

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 11:15 PM
    Ok you say you got delivery CONFIRMATION, right? Then another possibility is they JUST opened it, whitch triggered the "confirmation". Make sense?

That's what it sounds like to me. HTH!

Toni

Except, wouldn't that have triggered a read receipt, not a delivery confirmation?

01-21-09 11:48 PM
    hmmm this is weird, id like to find out the answer to this aswell as you.
    01-22-09 02:14 AM
    Very true! I've had gmail forever and I've never had anything like that happen. They did do an april fools joke about predating emails but said it wasn't right to lie to Grandma about sending her birthday email on time. Whatever, like Grandma actually knows what email is....

Either way, I have never gotten a "Read" receipt...so I doubt that is what that was...I don't know. You can try emailing gmail, they might know.
    01-22-09 02:20 AM
    Well, it would only have triggered a read receipt if one was requested in the original message...

01-22-09 02:24 AM
    Thank you guys SO much: what a great response turnout!

Unfortunately I am at a loss of what to do...changed my passwords etc and maybe if I just keep fingers crossed someone might have had a similar experience. Who knows.

And if I never got that message on my phone it means that IF I WERE TO HAVE MIS-SENT something (which I did NOT) it would have gone out FROM my phone...correct? And it would be IN my phone's SENT history...and my gmail's outbox...right? But there's nothing...

Ahhh this is driving me nuts!!

Thanks for all your help thus far.
    01-22-09 09:35 AM
    If it was a delivery confirmation, the address the message came from should be something like [email protected] ... Then it would reference the address you sent the email to in the message. This is really, really odd. I don't know what to make of it...

01-22-09 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD