I noticed all the T-Mobile myFaves icons are gone when I installed OS 4.5. Any way to get them back? lol
    07-18-08 12:00 AM
    Try going to your BIS site and resend your service books.
    That might help
    07-18-08 12:09 AM
    Try going to your BIS site and resend your service books.
    That might help
    How does resending the service books work?
    07-18-08 12:38 AM
    When you click that link it will take you to the TMobile site.
    button called send service books, click that and then log out.
    07-18-08 12:44 AM
    When you click that link it will take you to the TMobile site.
    button called send service books, click that and then log out.
    I did that but I didn't get the myFaves icons. I only got emails telling me my email addresses are registered.
    07-18-08 12:52 AM
    Did you by chance do any of the optimization steps and
    maybe remove the files for it. If not you may want to call
    your carrier and see if they can "push" it to you.

I'm out on a limb here being AT&T
    07-18-08 12:58 AM
    Did you by chance do any of the optimization steps and
    maybe remove the files for it. If not you may want to call
    your carrier and see if they can "push" it to you.

I'm out on a limb here being AT&T
    No I didn't remove anything. I really do appreciate your help, even if you're not on the same service provider as I am.

I wish someone else can help.
    07-18-08 01:04 AM
    No I didn't remove anything. I really do appreciate your help, even if you're not on the same service provider as I am.

I wish someone else can help.
    I do apologize, but I am out of ideas on this one and searching isn't
    helping. Hopefully a TMobile user will see this and help. I do know
    one and if you dont have an answer in the AM i'll PM him the link
    to this and see if he can help.
    07-18-08 01:07 AM
    My myfaves are still there. I just had to re assign the pics. I was surprised that every time I updated to a new 4.5 beta, they were still there. Actually better than before. Try uninstalling 4.5 from phone and computer and re downloading/installing. They SHOULD be there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 07:25 AM
    If you want the myFaves UI, that is all fine and dandy... but I wanted to make you aware that your myFaves still works without the UI on your device!!

You can go to my.tmobile.com and manage your fave5 I understand you want the UI, so make sure you have not tapered with the .cod files during a memory optimization, etc...

Some people have not had success with myFaves UI on the latest Betas... I am not sure from first hand experience, as I removed the UI from my device, but it seems like THATguy is running perfectly fine!
    07-18-08 07:29 AM
    Yea, sounds like you either deleted the file (I always stay away from the file that says something like '5 icon library' or something) or just got a bad download of your OS.

07-18-08 07:37 AM
    Yea, sounds like you either deleted the file (I always stay away from the file that says something like '5 icon library' or something) or just got a bad download of your OS.

Nailed it! Right on
    07-18-08 07:38 AM
    Nailed it! Right on
    Hmm. Maybe I didn't explain it thoroughly.

I still have myFaves on my phone. It's just that the icons that came with the older OS aren't working. You know, those pictures of a guitar, faces, etc.
    07-18-08 09:48 AM
    Hmm. Maybe I didn't explain it thoroughly.

I still have myFaves on my phone. It's just that the icons that came with the older OS aren't working. You know, those pictures of a guitar, faces, etc.
    To be honest, I never like the myFaves UI so I have no idea!!

I got rid of it... no point in having it at all!! IMO

But I think I heard along the way that there was a bug with the myFaves UI in a couple betas and it dealt with the pictures! Just a thought...
    07-18-08 09:50 AM
    To be honest, I never like the myFaves UI so I have no idea!!

I got rid of it... no point in having it at all!! IMO

But I think I heard along the way that there was a bug with the myFaves UI in a couple betas and it dealt with the pictures! Just a thought...
    Oh. Okay. I was just comfortable with the pics because I don't have pics of my friends and I don't know what to put for them. lol

I looked in the Media Manager and saw that the pics are there, but they aren't working. They have the big red X on them.
    07-18-08 09:55 AM
    Yeah those icons are gone in the betas. You can go to my.tmobile.com and make icons out of any pic and they will be pushed to your phone. I don't know if they'll stay through the next rebuild as I haven't used tnos site for icons. I know that the pic icons (set via the phone) don't stay and get grainyer through each resetting of them.

I just keep the coloured balls until the beta is over.

Hope this helps.

07-18-08 09:59 AM
    Yeah those icons are gone in the betas. You can go to my.tmobile.com and make icons out of any pic and they will be pushed to your phone. I don't know if they'll stay through the next rebuild as I haven't used tnos site for icons. I know that the pic icons (set via the phone) don't stay and get grainyer through each resetting of them.

I just keep the coloured balls until the beta is over.

Hope this helps.

Yeah. Thank you all for your info. I guess I'll have to get the icons from my friend, who still has OS 4.2. Hopefully, that will work lol
    07-18-08 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD