I keep getting a message from the system administration on my yahoo messenger saying "Your contact is using windows live (MSN) Messenger and wants to add you to his or her Messenger List. To start sharing instant messages, you'll first need to get the latest Yahoo! Messenger with Voice at Http://messenger.yahoo.com/download/php."

First, why do they keep sending me this when my messenger seems to be working fine. and second, when i click on the link, it doesn't give me an option to download a new version to my phone or anything so i am now confused on what i should do!! Any help will be very appreciated! Thanks!!!
    01-05-09 02:33 PM
    it happened to me, and i have to uninstalled YM and installed again, worked fine after that!
    01-05-09 02:34 PM
    Thanks! One more quick question, i know how to uninstall it, but how do i go about installing it again?
    01-05-09 02:43 PM
    01-05-09 02:56 PM
    Thanks!!!
    01-06-09 08:57 AM
    you're welcome! is it working well now?
    01-06-09 09:27 AM
    To get around that problem you can access Yahoo messenger from a PC and make sure that contact gets added properly. The BB YIM client does not add MSN/Hotmail seamlessly and you will get prompts. I don't run YIM but use beeJive and get those same messages on a regular basis as I add contacts from the PC and buddies reply when I am only on the BB.
    01-06-09 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD