I tried to talk to my IT guy at work but he has no clue how to tell my 8320 Curve to get emails from work.

He suggested I post this here and see if anyone can help.

"we have exchange 2003 with everthnig running on remote desktop connection (or terminal services)"

Please advise.
    02-15-08 07:33 PM
    are you using BES or BIS service. BIS you need email address,password, username, mailbox name, domain, and exchange URL. If is BES need activation password for BES and then enter email address and password in enterprise activation
    02-15-08 08:34 PM
    i have a bb8300 and i just received a replacement and i transfered all my data but my email doesnt work can anybody help me
    02-15-08 10:23 PM
    On BIS, to get your email from work, you need to log into your BIS page via computer and add the email account. You'll need your username and password for that account, plus the incoming email server from work. Something like "incoming.companyname.com. Once you set that up on the BIS page the mail should flow.

If you're on BES from your company then the IT guys have to set it up for you.

You could also set up a rule in Outlook at work to forward all your mail to your regular email account. Something like [email protected], or whatever your Blackberry email address is. It's not optimal and won't allow you to respond to work emails through your work account, but you'll get them. They also won't sync/reconcile with your Blackberry so if you respond to one you won't have that response at work, nor will the emails in your inbox at work appear read.
    02-16-08 03:00 PM
    Thanks everybody I will talk with the IT dude on Monday.
    02-16-08 04:02 PM
    I use the forward option. Work won't set up my e-mail account through IT. But it works for me, you can still respond and read them.
    02-16-08 04:19 PM
    Thats a good option.

My work wouldn't allow it either.
    02-16-08 08:30 PM
    I tried to talk to my IT guy at work but he has no clue how to tell my 8320 Curve to get emails from work.

He suggested I post this here and see if anyone can help.

"we have exchange 2003 with everthnig running on remote desktop connection (or terminal services)"

Please advise.
    Can you access your work email through Outlook Web Access (OWA)?
    02-18-08 08:53 AM
    Thats the same question I had ralarosa. If the company has OWA, check out this thread and scroll down to the third post.
    02-18-08 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD